306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: FMIC pipe routing,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right,

Time has come to mount my FMIC, I'm using a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6 one, I have an idea how to mount it with slim fans (a recommendation for those would be good too) but how to route the pipework for it?

anyone have any pictures? I would think that around the chassis legs would be best looking at it...

Cheers lads

Brett
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=53

This should help in the first instance
A photo of the IC would be good to see how big it is and also which way the inlet/outlets face..... Smile
Just had a read through, and is real informative, I'm using 2" pipework mad of stainless steel in various bends,

might go for 2 x10" fans or possibly 12"
[Image: IMG_0135.jpg]

Standard EVO6 jobby
I routed mine like this first then found it it on the bonnet: [Image: Image075.jpg]

So I re did it like this: [Image: Image091.jpg]
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, want to get an fmic sometime but keep everything looking as OEM under the bonnet as possible so it'l be all black pipes of some sort!

Jtrigga - Are you not running a fuel filter or have you an inline stuck in behind there somewhere!
[Image: summorefmic3.jpg]
[Image: fmicdone7.jpg]
try this one easy way to do it Smile
this makes me want a FMIC now =/
Cheers lads, gives me a good ideas now Smile
@ Studturbo: Couple of those studs look a bit close to your radiator fella :S
Danny/Midnight club has his run very similar to studturbo
Poodle Wrote:@ Studturbo: Couple of those studs look a bit close to your radiator fella :S
there 2inch away pal there no were near the rad Smile the cooler wont mounted then its mounted now and thay sit 2inch away from rad Smile
Jtrigga's setup is what I would aim for.
how mine is although ive moved he battury and air filter now
[Image: Photo0101.jpg]
[Image: Photo0158.jpg]
Mine is ran near enough the same as Danny's Unfortunately I have no photo's of my install because, well.. I'm just useless Big Grin
ash23 Wrote:how mine is although ive moved he battury and air filter now

looks good to me mate, is that routed around the chassis legs? or just next to the radiator?
im hawt on colour coding Big Grin
[Image: 385827_2407545581954_1050612398_2638809_...1143_n.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20111223_023230.jpg]
yes one of them on that last pic had just popped off and covering the bay a bit lmao suppose it serves me right for 34psi
Jarrus Wrote:
ash23 Wrote:how mine is although ive moved he battury and air filter now

looks good to me mate, is that routed around the chassis legs? or just next to the radiator?[/qu

its next to the rad mate its got a few mill each side clerance Smile
No offence to the other guys.... (you have been very helpful) but yours Ash, is the most tidy job I've seen, and I think that's going to take inpiration the most for when I do mine....

how did you paint you intercooler? What kind of paint?
Jarrus Wrote:No offence to the other guys.... (you have been very helpful) but yours Ash, is the most tidy job I've seen, and I think that's going to take inpiration the most for when I do mine....

how did you paint you intercooler? What kind of paint?

cheers mate Big Grin if ya need any more piks i have a few more.
and i just uses poundland black it was only painted to make it less noticable beind the bumper Smile
[Image: CheddarFMICOct11003.jpg]

[Image: SAM_1694.jpg]

I know mines an HDi but it gives you a good idea
Are those standard 306 fans ash?
declantg Wrote:Are those standard 306 fans ash?

they are yes mate but keeping the standard fans ment the ic stuck out of the bumper
[Image: Photo0194.jpg]

i now have slim line fans and the ic is hiden behind the bumper

Smile
I want mine hanging out Big Grin any more picsof it?

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
haha, hang out with your FMIC out Big GrinD
Jacko Wrote:haha, hang out with your FMIC out Big GrinD

Definately! i wanna get a fairly big one, cut out where the numberplate should be, hang it out there and have a square plate Smile
no - just no.

Square plates belong on Jap cars or motorbikes only Tongue
Dunno about that Big Grin Guy i knew did that and it looked sick
Do what makes you happy at the end of the day.... In the end I did mine HDI styley.....

[Image: 20120416_174007.jpg]
[Image: 20120416_174016.jpg]
Pages: 1 2