306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Changing a Turbo + Which Turbo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since having the Bosch fitted I've been playing with the idea of changing the turbo as mine only boosts at 16psi, KrisB said this was all he could wind it out to.

Not sure what mine is yet, most likely one of the worse ones because of the above. It's a '98 that had a Lucas too so not looking good for a T2. Going to get underneath and try and have a shifty tomorrow.

Was reading this thread and looks like a T2 or K03 is what I want?

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-2924.htm...ight=turbo

I'm not looking to be hitting 30psi, I'm thinking more 20psi minimum.

Now, if I am to change it I was wondering what the procedure is for it?

I've looked in the bay and I'm thinking TMIC off, unbolt turbo and slide it out the gap near the battery?
watch darrens guide that is very helpfull. ye basically what you said but it is a pita first time. also get a washer for the high pressure oil line that goes in the block or your car will drain its oil on the floor. i lost loads over that lol
I would go for T2 personally. ANd you need to take the engine off it's top mount, tilt it forward, remove the inlet studs and inlet, then exhaust studs, otherwise it wont fit through the gap.

If it's your first time, allow a whole day for it.
more boost pressure does not always equal more power, k03, gt15 are smaller of the turbos k14 and t2 are larger, none of them I would describe as 'worse ones' smaller turbos are great for good stage one as no lag, larger turbo flow a bit more so have more potential to hold the power in the higher revs
I went to a K03 and hated it, no lag, but no real kick to it. And it made my exhaust sound rubbish and drony. I now have a%2
my mates got a k03 on his lightly tuned and is a nice daily drive, I just went for t25 lots of lag but power right up to 5.5k+ :pp

was just trying to make a point that the smaller turbos aren't always shit if you just want a reliable nippy dturbo, if you want something fast skip the standard turbos and get the welder out
This man speaks the truth with the welder!!! Wink