306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: wastegate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know how strong the wastegate is on a T2, as in when its not attached to the actuator arm should it be easy to open by hand with the little arm underneath? I hope someone understands what I'm on about lol

basically I had a major boost leak fixed from the inlet, but still not getting more than 22ish psi, upto 24 without a filter. Has a new d seal and new metal inlet gasket, only thing its missing now is the little stud in the middle at the bottom but I would be surprised if that leaks? It's getting plenty of fuel, smokes on boost. The boost pipe is blocked, I'm thinking its wastegate creep, but I couldnt move the wastegate by hand. Maybe I'm being an idiot, hence the first question..
You should be able to move it will little effort.. But you don't want it to open... You want it welded closed ninja
I had the same problem at 26psi, would not go past that. The K04 won't have that problem now.
Just got some chemical metal stuff, might whack that on and around the lever when it cools, maybe that will help. I would get it welded up but I am not taking the thing apart again!
they go stiff, the 106 had the same problem and the arm was stiff and seased, and the estates new t2 was stiff, so we just got it removed and welded
Just wondering if it was stiff enough to stay closed, if so then I have a leak elsewhere.. Covered the arm etc in chemical metal stuff now, will probably do bugger all though.
I'm getting smoke at 20psi now, fuel turned right down, slow as hell. Checked everywhere I can think of for boost leaks, mikalor clamped the turbo to intercooler pipe etc. Think the wastegate is buggered meaning i'm going to have to take it off and maybe get it welded up. Or just get yet another turbo as it has a worrying amount of oil covering the compressor side.

As my exhaust studs and inlet studs are really struggling now, as in i'm now down two exhaust studs, it's quite annoying. Do you think it's a good idea to use some copper slip on the studs to try and save the threads..?
Exactly the same as happened to me...

I ended up changing the head in the end as nothing held on the exhaust... The way to save them is to make sure when you're taking them in and out there is NO strain on them... That's why Peugeot changed them from bolts to studs, because doing up bolts means you have load on them, which wrecks the threads.