306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: T25 wastegate actuator spring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm after a stronger spring for the wastegate actuator. anyone know how to go about this? i.e.where to get one and what type? ive shortened the wastegate arm plenty but still creeping open from about 12psi with the actuator pipe blocked off. it was from a petrol so i imagine the spring is a bit weak.

cheers,

jim
Might be easier to just get a manual boost controller mate
That still won't solve the problem...

Grab an actuator off a T2, they're a bit better and just put a load of preload on the spring.
As above, or i know pompeymark bought a new actuator spring for his turbo, can't for the life of remember what turbo he's running, but had to order it from the USA IIRC...
Ruan Wrote:That still won't solve the problem...

Grab an actuator off a T2, they're a bit better and just put a load of preload on the spring.

I thought the entire idea of an MBC is that it stops the actuator from 'seeing' boost then letting the boost through once it hits the desired pressure?
The exhaust gasses will still overcome the spring force, wether you have boost there or not... So fitting an MBC won't help..
Good call on the t2 actuator. I've got one of them so I'll whack it on, see if it helps. Cheers!