306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bosch pump conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanting abit of info on the Lucus to bosch pump conversion .
Firstly does the pump have to be from a car of the same year or will any 'phase' do?
Also what is worth while doing at the same time while I'm there ?
And has anyone got any info on how to get around the immoboliser ?

Cheers in advance Jack
Jackabeen93 Wrote:Just wanting abit of info on the Lucus to bosch pump conversion .
Firstly does the pump have to be from a car of the same year or will any 'phase' do?
Also what is worth while doing at the same time while I'm there ?
And has anyone got any info on how to get around the immoboliser ?

Cheers in advance Jack

Bosch only came on ph1 306s so no worry about phases,
Do cam-belt change, including water pump & Make sure you get injectors & injector lines.

Not sure what you mean with the immobiliser?
If ur car has the keypad immobiliser then you need to take the 12v ignition feed of the black plug (think its the red wire) and bolt it to the top of the bosch solenoid
There is plenty of info on here, a perfect example of how not to do it would be benjay's thread here - <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2760" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2760</a><!-- l --> - but there are a lot of things in there that were answered lots of times with a lot of useful input from a few people that might help you out!

As far as what else to change, as said already really, you might as well do the water pump, belt and the pulleys while your there Smile

The wiring and immob - basically all you need is a switched live from the ignition connected to the stop solenoid of the pump, any will do really but the easiest is to use a multi meter and find the one on the plug for the pump wiring.

There is even a pump change guide on youtube by darren thats also on here somewhere.

Edit - found it.........<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2227&p=47948&hilit=bosch+guide#p47948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2227&p=47948&hilit=bosch+guide#p47948</a><!-- l -->
yeah read my thread... lol
mark_airey Wrote:There is plenty of info on here, a perfect example of how not to do it would be benjay's thread here - <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2760" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2760</a><!-- l --> - but there are a lot of things in there that were answered lots of times with a lot of useful input from a few people that might help you out!

As far as what else to change, as said already really, you might as well do the water pump, belt and the pulleys while your there Smile

The wiring and immob - basically all you need is a switched live from the ignition connected to the stop solenoid of the pump, any will do really but the easiest is to use a multi meter and find the one on the plug for the pump wiring.

There is even a pump change guide on youtube by darren thats also on here somewhere.

How do I connect it to the stop solenoid though? Cheers

Edit - found it.........<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2227&p=47948&hilit=bosch+guide#p47948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2227&p=47948&hilit=bosch+guide#p47948</a><!-- l -->
Jackabeen93 Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:There is plenty of info on here, a perfect example of how not to do it would be benjay's thread here - <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2760" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2760</a><!-- l --> - but there are a lot of things in there that were answered lots of times with a lot of useful input from a few people that might help you out!

How do I connect it to the stop solenoid though? Cheers

you will need a small connector to be crimped on to the wire. Can pick them up in maplins or halfords.
Connect it to what though ? I'm sat looking at the pump and can't think what you mean ? Am I cutting wires and joining them or taking the plug off the top of the solenoid and connecting it there ?
There should be a nut holdin a ring connector to the top of the stop solenoid, it is on the right hand side of the pump (the injecor rail side) you need to cut the wire that has and ignition feed on the black plug (i think its red but double check with a test light or multimeter) and put a ring connector on that and bolt it to the top of the stop solenoid
Ahhhh I see where you mean , thanks a lot wish me luck for the conversion tomorrow any more usefull tips would be great Smile
If I can do it I'm sure you can lol
No worries dude, its simple enough, for me the hardest part of doing the conversion or cam belt is gettin the cambelt covers off :p
I haveno red wires? The brown oneis giving the most 12.summet is this the right one z?
Jackabeen93 Wrote:I haveno red wires? The brown oneis giving the most 12.summet is this the right one z?

its only right if it switches on and off with the ignition, if it doesn't then you won't be able to switch the car off without stalling it once its running, also make sure that you don't get the cold start one that stays live for a few mins and then goes dead as that will also cause you a headache Smile