306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: WANTED : air con pipe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As title air con pipe that tuns across bottom of rad on hdi. Mines stopped working and i miss it
Yeah good luck with this, those pipes are hard to come by unless paying silly money. I have always wondered why not make it out of Automotive Air-conditioning Hose along with a couple of compression fit ends...hmm
(07-08-2016, 08:03 PM)BiG K Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah good luck with this, those pipes are hard to come by unless paying silly money. I have always wondered why not make it out of Automotive Air-conditioning Hose along with a couple of compression fit ends...hmm

if no one has one ill just buy new
Keep us updated, I am sure a few of us would like working AC! How long has your AC been out of action?
(07-08-2016, 09:58 PM)BiG K Wrote: [ -> ]Keep us updated, I am sure a few of us would like working AC! How long has your AC been out of action?

About a month so not that long.
(07-08-2016, 08:03 PM)BiG K Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah good luck with this, those pipes are hard to come by unless paying silly money. I have always wondered why not make it out of Automotive Air-conditioning Hose along with a couple of compression fit ends...hmm

Yeah. .this needs to be done
Pirtek tbh. Someone made their own once before on one of the sites, think it was the 6 forum.
Well the pipe to me is about £60 plus vat so not that bad. Ill have a look on 6 forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08-08-2016, 04:54 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2016, 09:58 PM)BiG K Wrote: [ -> ]Keep us updated, I am sure a few of us would like working AC! How long has your AC been out of action?

About a month so not that long.

Definitely get it sorted out then as the compressor etc won't have seized up unlike many other 306's which hasn't worked in a decade or so, even if it does mean spending £200 on parts. Reason why I don't do it on mine, I don't want to replace the pipes, only to find out the rad / compressor etc is faulty too.
The compressor will be fine but the condenser will be f*cked in most cases.

I've bought a few back from the dead now.