306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: MBC on a K14?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I have a manual boost controller with piping, it's been sitting about in the corner of my room for ages (at least a year) and I haven't got round to fitting it.

This is because I have a K14 on the car. Apparently these have a metal hose from the compressor to the wastegate. What's the best way to go about fitting the MBC to this model of turbo?

Thanks in advance.
I'm going to be fitting my MBC on my K14 at the camping meet with the help from Dan! and anyone else that wants to join in...

But yes, metal hose... apparently, it's just a matter of chooping it in half.
Cut like a 1" section out of the hose, and then just attach/jubilee clip the two mbc hoses to the cut ends of the metal pipe Smile
Dan! Wrote:Cut like a 1" section out of the hose, and then just attach/jubilee clip the two mbc hoses to the cut ends of the metal pipe Smile

i bought some 13mm clips for some fuel hose attachement, assuming these are going to be too small?
Junior hacksaw, one cut through it, then just bend them apart a bit, sufficient to get your two pipes and jubilee's on.

Edit, they need to be quite small jubilee's, not 100% sure on the exact size though.
I'm guessing this metal pipe must be rather tiny in diameter if a rubber fuel hose fitted to an MBC fits over it?
Yea its like 5 or 6mm diameter, kinda the same as brake pipe lines
ginge191 Wrote:
Dan! Wrote:Cut like a 1" section out of the hose, and then just attach/jubilee clip the two mbc hoses to the cut ends of the metal pipe Smile

i bought some 13mm clips for some fuel hose attachement, assuming these are going to be too small?
If anything too big

I don't see why you just don't do it yourself

Just cut the metal hose....
Used 4mm for mine I think.
Couple zip clips would hold pipe on if required at all tbh,

You need ALOT of pressure to blow off little pipes like that provided the pipe is a tight fit...

Only get problems with bigger hoses like boost pipes etc.
darrenjlobb Wrote:Couple zip clips would hold pipe on if required at all tbh,

You need ALOT of pressure to blow off little pipes like that provided the pipe is a tight fit...

Only get problems with bigger hoses like boost pipes etc.

Noice. I shall need to get the car up on some ramps and just bloody do it sometime soon.
I'm only running 20-22psi, but I just want to see if the MBC will help with the responsiveness simply because it (in theory) eliminates wastegate creep. It's a ball and spring type I have, not a crappy bleed-off type.