306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: New clutch needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Turned the fuel up today, and clutch has started slipping, its a valeo that came with the xantia engine, shall i just get another valeo?
tbh for the little extra £ it is id go uprated mate.
Its not little though lol!
lol depends how you look at it i suppose . but id look at it like this if you fit a new standard one and it slips after a few hun dred miles you gona be kicking your
self then its goin to cost you more time and money to replace again.
How much was yours? Where from?
Depends what your plans are really...

I would say your overcoming a fairly worn clutch, but a td04 opened up will ra*e a stock clutch...

I was making 220hp on a stock clutch, with no problems at all, but was running a bit turbo, and all the power was between 4000-5500rpm, so torque was relitivly low, whereas you are likely to ra*e the clutch on a td04 at just 180-190ho due to the much greater torque...

Tbh for your application on the the CG paddles would be fine, I ran my CG paddle hard as hell for 12 months,never missed a beat once warm / got RAPED, there cheap, and not the best, but will more than handle all a td04 can throw at it...
i'm going to ring demon tweeks tommorow and have a chat with them, also got a link for a CG paddle, plus, there local to me anyway.