306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Modded for 10pence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So....

Ph3 306 xud estate...you want to improve and/or modify...

Your budget is the change you find down the back of the sofa and the odd bits in the garage...

What do you do?

#500threads
Stage 1, run it on veg. Use the savings on veg vs the cost of diesel to get some money together and get it as clean and OE as possible. Cheap daily ftw!
pop down tesco and put 20p in the tyre air machine.
1. Find a mirror
2. Look long and hard at yourself in it
3. Buy some chewits with your 10p
I'd stage one it and nail on a bigger turbo (I've got about 6 in the garage) then knock up a straight through exhaust.
(23-03-2016, 08:00 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]pop down tesco and put 20p in the tyre air machine.

Free air from Sainsburys! Tesco are ripping you off! Tongue
(23-03-2016, 08:28 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I'd stage one it and nail on a bigger turbo (I've got about 6 in the garage) then knock up a straight through exhaust.

....then kill it with said huge snail and scrap it?? Tongue

You offering one of these said turbos?
Stage 1 as its free. Cut springs and slam it
(23-03-2016, 08:16 AM)adam b Wrote: [ -> ]1. Find a mirror
2. Look long and hard at yourself in it
3. Buy some chewits with your 10p

Chewits for 10p??? When was the last time you were at the shops!?

Just fyi...

Purpose of all this... I'm getting a very good friend sorted who had his saxo nad written off the other week...

So we already know it will be on veg from day1.

Got some bits and everything serviced lined up as he gave me a little budget...

But then it's down to what else...

Was already on stg1 idea ...thinking a home brew quickshift and exhaust...ordered mist jets for £4...got hold of interior bits for free to tidy that up...
Where'd you get a phase 3 xud from? Anyway difficult to advise as don't know what your friend likes, you're already Bosching and stage 1ing her so, lower a little, different wheels, interior, decat the exhaust at the least, Smile
I think this one is already bosch'd and has a cheeky stage 1

running veg on the regular - then a decent cheap upgrade would be some bigger fuel lines
I can donate an 11mm pump if need be Wink
on a tiny budget I'd do nothing but drive and service.
(23-03-2016, 10:43 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]I can donate an 11mm pump if need be Wink

why isn't that going on the Lawnrover
(23-03-2016, 11:01 AM)toseland Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-03-2016, 10:43 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]I can donate an 11mm pump if need be Wink

Cos it already has one doesn't it?
Can no one come up with some simple modding ideas other than stg1/exhaust that only take abit of time!?
LDA Grind, governor mod, if you can get a set of HDi rods do so and get those in..

you can smooth the exhaust ports some carefully if the engine is minus the car, whilst doing the zorst.

GTi 6 suspension setup if you have some cheap.. 283mm rotors on the front.

(23-03-2016, 11:13 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-03-2016, 11:01 AM)toseland Wrote: [ -> ]

Cos it already has one doesn't it?

thought it was a 10mm one like the transits in the 200td,  might be wrong sure Darren "oh god of XUDs" lobb will be along soon
Yeah got 283s sorted...

The rods I do have...but not taking head off for that
(23-03-2016, 01:10 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Can no one come up with some simple modding ideas other than stg1/exhaust that only take abit of time!?

yeah - 10mm fuel line - takes no time to do ...
Good call actually as I have 10mm line spare from my car!
Strip it out, make a cup holder, bolt in some household speakers for wubs, paint racing stripes on it, make a big red over-boost button (wg feed leak off), footwell lighting, polish random bits of your engine bay, paint other random bits of your engine bay, sticker-bomb sun visors, paint mirror caps, de-badge, paint the steels a silly colour, rat-look a couple of panels, fly-off handbrake, swap standard door handles for pull-cord handles, bored now.
why dont you just go through the mods for under 25 quid thread and pick out the cheapest ones?
Lighter wheels, lighter and better tyres.
(23-03-2016, 08:48 PM)adam b Wrote: [ -> ]Lighter wheels, lighter and better tyres.

Quote:Your budget is the change you find down the back of the sofa and the odd bits in the garage...
he might have those in the garage? I know I do lol
(23-03-2016, 09:07 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-03-2016, 08:48 PM)adam b Wrote: [ -> ]Lighter wheels, lighter and better tyres.

Quote:Your budget is the change you find down the back of the sofa and the odd bits in the garage...

Yeah, so he lightens the car, sells all the bits he removed, and then uses the money from that to buy cheap, tatty wheels with good tyres on them.
petrol station-> fill plastic bottle up found under seat with petrol-> pour over said car-> light and watch.
(23-03-2016, 09:20 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]he might have those in the garage?  I know I do lol

if we are playing this game then for 10p ill have a rallye on bodies and aftermarket ecu, decent tyres, bucket seats, harnesses, etc all because i have it already.

I thought the original question is... what would you do to a stock car for 10p...
Head to your local breakers and see what's sitting around.. then go home with nothing and see what's on freebay or free on this forum..
(23-03-2016, 10:40 PM)impotentials Wrote: [ -> ]Head to your local breakers and see what's sitting around.. then go home with nothing and see what's on freebay or free on this forum..

Yeah guna head to breakers next week as soon as i can drive and see if I am lucky to find a 406/xantia for fmic bits
Pages: 1 2