306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Inlet stud help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The smaller inlet manifold stud has ripped the thread from the block, probably making my boost leak pretty tragic.. Anyone used a helicoil device on these? Are they difficult to do and does anyone know what thread size and pitch they are?
Should be standard m8 if I remember corectly.
Thought so, what about thread pitch?
m8 x 1.25 would be my guess but don't necessarily trust me!
Cheers, might see if I can get hold of a pitch gauge, and a helicoil kit. Bet it's going to be a bugger trying to drill a hole with such little space to move!
Meh, I run with a few missing... As long as the gasket is good, it'll be fine, I wouldn't worry too much tbh, not worth stressing over.
fitted a new gasket a week or so ago but I don't think its sealed. its a fibre one I'm guessing the best one to get is the metal one?
Ricky Wrote:fitted a new gasket a week or so ago but I don't think its sealed. its a fibre one I'm guessing the best one to get is the metal one?

You have guessed correctly Wink
Just picked up a new gasket today, my girlfriends dad is going to fit a helicoil for me..its nice having a mechanical engineer as a future father-in-law!
See I have mixed opinions on this.... when I did matts, it wasnt quick clamped enough on a few of the studs and was pissing at about 24psi... retightening them sorted it... so I would have thought having some missing would be worse.... if you have boost problems then I would get it sorted, but if the gasket is good and there are no boost issues then I wouldnt worry.