306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: I has a leaky ... Injector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As seen here, is creating some nice pools of veg around the engine bay...

Any common ideas for a fix?

Could it just be a seal?

Any help and link to a fix would be delightful!

[Image: 1Fmri.jpg]
ah i see you have that rare type of injector that looks like a wheel lol
samass Wrote:ah i see you have that rare type of injector that looks like a wheel lol

this is what happens when trying to do 2 threads at once lol

edited!
You have a leaky union, or it needs lapping
Dave Wrote:You have a leaky union, or it needs lapping

A leaky union? able to replace it?

looking online for injector rebuild kits and seems to be LOADS of varieties, of not jut peugeot but bosch sets also.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=i ... &_from=R40

As for lapping the current injector, im assuming you mean lapping the joining surfaces; ie. the bottom of the injector - the base of the head for the injector "socket"?
I have the same problem and its leaks veg onto the floor at night. Seems all four of mine are moist... May be leak offs though i haven't got in depth.
They have probably been apart at some point, and not sealed correctly back together, or your unions are not sealing properly but thats unlikely. All of my injectors leak abit, but I cba to lap them. Yes ginge your right, making sealing surfaces totally flat. Google it and it tell you how to do it loads of places.
cwspellowe Wrote:The union is the nut on the injector line that fastens it to the injector. Just the same as you could have a leaky brake line union, works in the same way.

moving this convo over here to not spam the guide...

But yes, i'm going to have a closer look soon, i've managed to use 25L of fuel within a day, about 90miles around the island... horrednous mpg.
I think thats 16mpg Sad bad times
its awful, i know that much..and all i can smell is veg oil in the cabin, with an engine covered in oil Sad
@dave: as for lapping, I'm assuming I could only do the bass of the injector where it seats. I've got some grinding paste, a double sided jobby, with a corse and fine side to it.

Anything to consider when I do it? How long for etc?
As said there are many guides a simple search will find, I've never done this but had a look through and seems quite simple to do.
Dave Wrote:As said there are many guides a simple search will find, I've never done this but had a look through and seems quite simple to do.

Yeh, understandable; i've searched the web for lapping, and only really found parts on Valve Lapping...

I'll have another look tomorow and refine some searches.
Excellent find there!

I've only got grinding paste, but im sure it will have the sam effect. :think:
[Image: injector.jpg]

keeping this here for later use.
Don't use grinding paste... it wont grind the surfaces flat.... use fine grit sandpaper as specified on a totally flat surface... otherwise you will end up f*cking them more... also remember as stated in that guide which I'm sure you've read properly, lapping them lifts the break pressure slightly, which will also retard your timing, so go for minimal material removal.
Cheers Dave, and yeh, I was going to perhaps use the grit paste on the injector seat, on the engine itself? Tol harsh? Or use paper on the engine seat also? Hope that makes sense..
No that makes no sense, please send them away and get them done properly.
....I'll follow the guide with some high grit wet paper, and photo where I'm talking about Smile

I feel I've stretched your patience :p , thanks anywho!