306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Information about the XUD7 TE engine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know the reliability of the XUD7 engine? In particular the TE with a turbo and intercooler fitted?
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks
There was a guy on here with a sedan running a tuned one, from what I can remember it was similar to the XUD9, even made similar power figures IIRC.
Bullet proof. Same as the xud9 really. We had one in the pikey 205 we had. Just dont go ramming insane bhp down it and itll be fine. Smile
The XUD7 seemingly IME has a crappy fibre headgasket from the factory, I know they're more prone to HG failure than the XUD9, but still pretty good...
Mine has taken plenty of abuse since changing to an mls gasket.
Mine seized up solid 80 miles from home and left me stranded on the side of the M40 for 4 and a bit hours. Never figured out why, through I suspect a sudden loss of coolant somehow.

But up antill then it was solid and took plenty of abuse
I had an XUD7t in my 205 which overall covered 180K, 50K of it I did in 2.5 years. In my opinion its a good engine. Very similar to the XUD9, not intercooled and a different fuel filter/heater but that's all really.