306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Higher lift camplate in ve pump.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So ive got a few pumps sitting about but the latest one ive stripped to re seal and put on mine appears to have a higher lift camplate in! Didnt think it was a good idea to up the injection on an idi. Anyone had any experience on this. Is it a case of more pressure less duration? Genuinely no idea.
The higher lift camplates come from direct injection pumps, obviously with the shorter injection window it needs a bigger, shorter injection. Not sure what yours is off, it could have been modified for an m-tdi conversion or something. Stick up a picture of it l?
Two types of cam plate found in the standard 9mm iirc matched to two different heads - same lift and duration but physical differences in size mean you can't mix them without snapping plungers or it not working.

The DI camplate in a transit pump for example has a higher lift but much shorter duration which is no good for the longer injection burn of IDI

You'll hear about the VW boys putting a higher lift camplate in their pumps, but they are all DI

If on the other hand you deffo have an IDI camplate that has a higher lift and same duration as standard, then get it whacked in and you'll have potential for getting more fuel in same injection window.
Fair enough. Ive got a few di camplates for a future project i have in mind so ill compare today when i get chance. The pump was on an xud.
This pump was broke though wasnt it Bash?

I rekon they swapped the 11mm head with camplate and thus broke it!
Should be a code written on the camplate itself...

What is it?
600 then 8595 looks the same as my di one though thats de633 440