306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bosch pump part numbers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found a pump nearby that looks identical to mine, but the part numbers don't match. Mine is a 460 494 342, his is 460 494 455. Can anyone tell me what the difference is and whether they're interchangeable?
Quick google search brings up this site with info for both of the pumps...

460 494 342

460 494 455

Looking at the vehicles they were fitted to, Id say the '455' pump is possibly a semi ecu controlled one, which came on the 1.9L FMIC'd 110hp XUD's. If that is the case then its not any good to you other than for a few spare parts, govenor cradle, LDA pin etc.
But then the pump ending in 342 is from a boxer van Tongue

Poodle Wrote:Found a pump nearby that looks identical to mine, but the part numbers don't match. Mine is a 460 494 342, his is 460 494 455. Can anyone tell me what the difference is and whether they're interchangeable?

the middle of the code is 494 which is the important bit, as long as it doesn't have the extra wiring connections on the bottom of the pump and it has a throttle arm then it should be fine mate Smile
mark_airey Wrote:But then the pump ending in 342 is from a boxer van Tongue

And also Citroen ZX's! Tongue
Yeah found that site immediately Dan, didn't exactly tell me much though.

Can't see much from the pictures he's given me, but now i squint at it there's definitely no throttle arm. Sad Thanks for that Mark, saved me a few quid there.
Poodle Wrote:Yeah found that site immediately Dan, didn't exactly tell me much though.

Can't see much from the pictures he's given me, but now i squint at it there's definitely no throttle arm. Sad Thanks for that Mark, saved me a few quid there.
yeah they did a version with like a servo on top where the throttle arm is IIRC Smile
That's it, got a small, black thing on top that could well be a servo.

Gash, back to the drawing board i guess.
Poodle Wrote:That's it, got a small, black thing on top that could well be a servo.

Gash, back to the drawing board i guess.

Yeah that won't work too well on an XUD...........nothing to attach the throttle cable to Tongue
That's a semi ECU controlled pump..

Does have a throttle arm, but the biggest obstacle is the servo advance system on the bottom, it needs a timing ECU to run.