306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 2001 1.9 Noisey pump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there.
Has anyone experienced a rather loud pump which can come and go.  By that I mean the extra loud clack comes into the car but once shes turned off for 5 minutes the noise goes away.
I've had this twice now - first time I changes the filter but the noise came back into it the other day (about a month later).
I'm not running veg BTW.
Can has 103 K miles on her so my question is might this be a pump beginning to give up?
If so is it possible to get it rebuilt and at what cost?

Think I'll drive it till it stops but I wanted to ask if I'm missing a trick here - should I be taking the tank off and draining / cleaning it? or is there much point?

Thanks guys,
Clayton 
What car/engine is this? If changing the filter helped, i'd be looking for other restrictions on the supply side, in-tank pick up, fuel lines, etc.

The only time i've seen this is on bad fuel, usually morrisons or homebrew bio.
Hey poodle.

Shes a 1.9 XUD in a phase 3 body - all stock - I know the Lucas pumps had a bit of a bad rep - unsure if this si one of those or it its a Bosch.....

Shes not a HDI and shes non turbo so it's the old clockwork pump style....

As as you say, it's worth taking a look at the lines coming from the tank and the tank pickup in case shes in bad shape..... 

Thanks a lot,
Ah you want the xud section then, reported it so a mod should have moved it by the time you read this.
moved Wink
Should have finished my explanation too, read back and realised i haven't actually mentioned water. So yeah, what was dodgy about the fuel was the high water content, check to see you haven't got water in the tank.
Worth closing this one out.
I changed the fecken Oil and it;s never done it since.
I presuming the pump may have been starved or the oil wasn't in a very good state.

Thanks for the advise anyway. Worth sharing in case someone else has this issue.
the pump doesn't have any engine oil... it's lubricated by the diesel.