306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What size shall i got for?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all Smile

Just got a set of 205 Gti wheels for my d turbo, what size tyres shall I go for?

Options are 195/50/15 or 195/45/15?

Any pics or views on what you have on yours would be good.

Cheers
steve
195/50
50's imho, more comfortable and fill the arches better Wink

unless yours is a track car
55s... Or 50s if you're tight and don't like ride comfort. Only go for 45s if your 306 is actually a 106.
yeah, what tom said... It'll look silly on rubber bands

You got any pics of your car geezah?
I'd go 50 or 55 depending which is cheapest lol unless it's stupidly low, then maybe consider 45
why would you go down a profile when its low? doesn't make any sense whatsoever (nor does running low Tongue )
(01-05-2015, 03:06 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]why would you go down a profile when its low?  doesn't make any sense whatsoever   (nor does running low Tongue  )

Won't they scrape the arches if the profile is too big? That's what i assumed anyway lol 
i'd personally just stick to standard rolling radius 
Cheers for the input, its a standard height d turbo, will hopefully lower it soon, 50's it is as they are cheaper anyway, only asked as ther wheels had 45's on when I got them
(01-05-2015, 03:13 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: [ -> ]Won't they scrape the arches if the profile is too big? That's what i assumed anyway lol 

not at all, because the profile is not "too big" the car is designed to use 55's so they don't rub anywhere in the wheel travel whatsoever, you can twat it off the bump stops without scrubbing on 55's.
Its the inside of the liner that's the issue, rather than the top. even 195/50s can easily scrub on the rear with a slightly leaning beam or heavy stuff in the boot. The fix is to add a spacer... lol
I will likely be cutting some of my arch liner or spacers on the rear as the drivers side leans a bit lol
spacers wont help, rebuild the beam.
Depends on the tyre shoulder profile as well - different tyres are measured in different ways. Some have rounded shoulders, others are more square.

+1 on the beam rebuild as it won't handle very well. Last thing you want to do is hit a catseye and it spit you into the opposite carriageway (my 205 did this to me after it was stood for a year and the bearings collapsed).
I should add I wasn't being serious with adding a spacer... Doh lol