306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Turbod GTI6 on Ebay without bottom end mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surely this would need bottom end supporting mods to run reliably? Certainly doesn't say in the advert any have been done, Not surprised the engine has blown!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-gt...19fdf4af3a
says nothing about remaped or ecu mods ?
appears to have a vts map sensor bodged onto it aswell, and it begs to wonder how it runs as those map sensors cant read positive pressure!
Rising rate FPR I'd bet - surprised the bottom end is knocking, I'd have expected the pistons to have melted out through the sump before then.
Good shell for Sam maybe? If he can get some more pics off the guy
Sam buy the shell and I'll have the turbo setup for mine Wink
(01-04-2015, 07:15 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Sam buy the shell and I'll have the turbo setup for mine Wink

There you go Sam sorted you a shell.
It's done less than 1000 miles charged...reliability and longeivity doesn't really come into it yet lol. Anyone can whack a turbo on a car, making it last is the tricky part...
(01-04-2015, 08:17 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2015, 07:15 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Sam buy the shell and I'll have the turbo setup for mine Wink

There you go Sam sorted you a shell.

I pm him yesterday when I saw it.I pm'd the owner on ebay just asking random "how much do you want for it"

The guy started saying he had lods of offers and would'nt give me a exact price.

i know your the forum owner etc etc but ive still reported you for that comment!
(01-04-2015, 12:17 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]

i know your the forum owner etc etc but ive still reported you for that comment!

Yeah he had enough of all that whining lmao
No that's him whining
Can never have enough of dat whine tho...
Your whine is unbearable, like a chav on a moped drone drone !

I contacted him an hour after it appeared on ebay. I asked how much and he said offers. Offers on everything it would seem. I offered him 250 for everything but the engine and he replied that 250-500 sounded about right for the shell. I asked for more pictures and he agreed however all ive received is a message saying "im about to upload the pictures" but they havent actually appeared!

So yeh... its got a turbo but doesnt appear to have any supporting mods and seems to have a standard ecu and bodged MAP sensor... interesting though. Listing says he can make new kits too... surprised that he says "offers" for a new setup.

I really do hate it when people do this.... "I reckon its worth 800 but ill say offers just in case someone offers me more". Thats not a quote but is the mentality of these people....