306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Splitting the driveshaft and a gearbox q
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The long one with inter-shaft, can it be done? I want to dismantle the one I have for my Corolla. Tried to mule one from a Dispatch van apart with no success

Also, what gearboxes are out there I can bolt to a D-turbo that use a hydraulic clutch? I blew the one apart on the Corolla, it's very similar to a BE4 with a few extra holes for mounting points at the rear for the subframe mount. Corolla uses hydraulic clutch, don't want to be pissing round converting to cable

Cheers
406 box uses hydraulic clutch if that's any help. I've got a spare off my 2.1. Yours for free if you pick it up.
206hdi uses hydraulic. But would mean hdi clutch

The 406 one isnt a bad shout as its cable gear change like the corrola I think?!
Aye the Corolla is cable. Box is cleverly adapted to suit, there is a mechanism on top to work with the Toyota cables, earth points are now mount bracket points.

I did find out that the Dispatch shaft comes out as it's a tripod joint. However the Toyota shaft isn't and is a mule to remove, it's this style of joint below
[Image: 10648d1260620238-driveshaft-axle-maintai...-joint.jpg]

Which leads me onto my next q, can you remove the bearings from these shafts? The one beside the coupling that sits in the mount, can it be removed?
mal you can remove the joint from the shaft thay hammer off, last one i took of i had to cut off tho.
(17-03-2015, 11:21 PM)madmadmax Wrote: [ -> ]mal you can remove the joint from the shaft thay hammer off, last one i took of i had to cut off tho.

Aye the XUD shafts come out. Corolla ones come out with a good clatter of a hammer, but son't interchange Sad

Do you know if the bearing can be removed?
yep like this jump to 1min 16sec therr may or may not be a snap ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Y2Om-d6yo