306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Wiring harness thining out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So basically I'm sorting out my wiring harness at the mo to go onto the 2.1 all I need is the rev counter,speedo,oil pressure,temp sensor,alternator,starter. Everything else needs to be hacked out. I cant stand messy wiring. Its a proper bugs me. Glow plugs are going onto a manual switch located in dash surround as I can leave them on for how long I deem necessary. Everything else as far as I can tell can be ditched. There are four relays. Egr,glow plug and two others I don't know why the hell they are there! Someone possibly shed some light on them. I've also got a couple of connectors Tha need identifying. The last thing is where on earth is the easiest ignition live from. The one I usually use weirdly comes out from one of the relays I'm ditching. Pictures to follow.

This one.

This one.
IIRC the grey one is reverse light

And I think the blue one does advance on the fuel pump, not sure though
Ah of course its the reverse light how could I forget that!! Lol. The advance I don't use on my pumps so that can be cut out. Still need a good ignition live though.
Dont forget coolant sensors and stop solenoid
i only need the one coolant sensor for the dash. the other one on my harness goes to the glow plug relay for cold start timing im assuming
Dont want one for the fans?
its on my rad harness the fans one. phase one setup FTW. its all separate