306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Under bonnet material
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this important on my dturbo with a top mount intercooler? The underlay or whatever its called looks in a sorry state and was thinking of just getting rid of it and spraying under the bonnet fresh Smile So does anyone have any advise ninja Thanks Smile
Keep it if your on tmic it helps

Little airflow is better than no airflow
4WayDiablo Wrote:Keep it if your on tmic it helps

Little airflow is better than no airflow

Does it make a big difference yeah? Smile
It makes a difference yeah. That's why its there lol :-P
I got rid of mine when I went fmic though :-)
Ah yeah i know but like i wouldn't worry too much if it made a small difference lol i plan on front mounting in a few months might just leave it off lol
It makes a big enough difference to warrent it being there
Well without it your intercooler is just an interwarmer
Mine was mangled so I got rid. Won't hurt as long as you know how to drive an XUD. Tongue
Makes a massive difference, it ducts air from the front of the car to the intercooler and works very well! With out it the top mount is all but useless TBH lol
silverzx Wrote:Mine was mangled so I got rid. Won't hurt as long as you know how to drive an XUD. Tongue

Does 'knowing how to drive an XUD' make air magically go onto the cooler then? lol
Midnightclub Wrote:
silverzx Wrote:Mine was mangled so I got rid. Won't hurt as long as you know how to drive an XUD. Tongue

Does 'knowing how to drive an XUD' make air magically go onto the cooler then? lol

Lol, not at all. But if your going to put your foot flat to the floor and rag it through 1st to 5th at every light then I can imagine it getting veeeery hot without the ducting.

I've been driving without my lining for at least 8 months now and my TMIC is never that hot when I pop the bonnet after a "rag".

If it's still there then leave it, if it isn't then don't bother replacing it if your getting a FMIC on at some point.

Simples!
Entirely depends on the boost your running though.. if your running 14psi then it won't get anywhere near as hot as 20+
Midnightclub Wrote:Entirely depends on the boost your running though.. if your running 14psi then it won't get anywhere near as hot as 20+

I'm currently running 30+psi on a top mount with no bonnet lining lol
Thought you had a fmic mark?!
Dan! Wrote:Thought you had a fmic mark?!

I do, it popped the hose off around the rad causing me to get properly stressed out with it as its pretty much impossible to get back on without removing most of the front of my car lol

Simple solution, rip out FMIC pipework and put the top mount back on Big Grin
mark_airey Wrote:Simple solution, fit the FMIC properly the first time round Big Grin

Edited for truth. lmao
Think ill just run without it for awhile.. I dont abuse the car anyway lol
Could always direct a cold air feed to the TMIC.
silverzx Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:Simple solution, fit the FMIC properly the first time round Big Grin

Edited for truth. lmao

It was fitted properly, its been fine for over a year, its just pretty standard that when it does pop one off its always the one that is impossible to fix.............. lol

Toxic-Jake Wrote:Could always direct a cold air feed to the TMIC.

You mean like the bonnet lining? since that is exactly what that is lmao
mark_airey Wrote:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:Could always direct a cold air feed to the TMIC.

You mean like the bonnet lining? since that is exactly what that is lmao

Yeah but he said he wanted to get rid of the lining because of how it looks,
Yeah jakes right its in a right state tbh, its like a dog was at it for a few hours lol