306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Heat Exchange Unit Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my expansion tank is full of oil for some reason. Could this be the heat exchange/sandwich plate? the temperature isn't effected by it so not sure if it will cause any damage long term?

if it is the sandwich plate what one will i need? searching on eBay all i could find was this mocal one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOCAL-OTSP1F-M...2343ed5ea0

it says it isn't a replacement it should only be used in conjunction with an oil cooler, which I'm not sure will be much use to me. (unless its worth fitting an oil cooler?)

So can anyone point me in the right direction for a new one.

Thank you guys Smile
Scrapyard or peugeot.

You will need to flush both oil and coolant very well too.

I wouldnt drive it either till fixed
(12-12-2014, 11:03 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Scrapyard or peugeot.

You will need to flush both oil and coolant very well too.

I wouldnt drive it either till fixed

ill try peugeot i can imagine it being pricey and what damage can it cause? its been like it since I've owned the car and never had an issue
If oil is getting into the water....

Water will likely be getting into the oil!

If oil was ok for the coolant system...we wouldnt use a special liquid called coolant!!
(12-12-2014, 11:06 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]If oil is getting into the water....

Water will likely be getting into the oil!

If oil was ok for the coolant system...we wouldnt use a special liquid called coolant!!

was just a question haha ill speak to Peugeot about a sandwich plate Smile 
ThumbsUp

Im sure a few on here have spares ThumbsUp
You will be looking over £100 from pug. Think I got a few good ones lay around
(13-12-2014, 12:18 PM)spike2002 Wrote: [ -> ]You will be looking over £100 from pug. Think I got a few good ones lay around

That would be awesome if you have one mate Smile
Is it the same as a HDi one? I may still have one if no-one else does.
when the heat exchanger leaks you wont necessarily get coolant in the oil system, cooling system runs 1.4 bar, oil system runs at 5 bar...

I've had one fail on a git6 engine, no oil mixing issue,s just frothy orange shit in the rad!

There are various types, different thickness and angle of pipework, different length bolts to go with the depth.