306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: old/warm idle control lever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the cold/warm idle control lever basically just doing the same job as the throttle or is it also connected to the the dynamic advance?

My pump is one with the extra solenoid on the bottom with the metal pressure pipe.

Reason I ask is two fold.
One, on the corsa pump the idle is directly physically connected to the dynamic advance and for throttle control it directly affects the throttle arm. So it's different to the pug pump and thus visually cannot confirm they are doing the same thing.

Two, the cable to the wax state has been adjusted, but I'm unable to set a high enough cold idle without having a low enough hot idle. The lever isn't able to move far enough on the cable to my settings. I can manually move the lever, but I'd say the pivot point on it is too high for my situation.
So is there something wrong with my wax stat cable, or else I'm likely to be modding the pivot point.

So without having a spare pump right now to check, I could do with knowing what the lever is attached to internally please Smile
I believe it relates to the advance so you get a little more when on fast idle mate Smile
oh for a way to display advance on a screen somehow...
(03-12-2014, 04:14 PM)nominous Wrote: [ -> ]oh for a way to display advance on a screen somehow...

Get yourself a HDI fella..Big Grin
I've got a TDi I already hate which doesn't like the veg Tongue