306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: precup removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There isnt much info about this on the net...

Any tricks to remove a precup without destroying it?!

I'm thinking if I can remove the thing, then thats half the battle and the engineering shop can simply freeze it, warm the head and press it in!

Then skim away!

(also everything I do read, it all says a IDI head should never be skimmed with the precups in place Confused )
Ohhh I skimmed my last head with precups in place. :o you learn something new everyday
Ive skimmed xud heads with cups in place...

Not sure if its just scare mongery...be curious to know what the derv gods say Confused
why not phone an engineering shop and ask?
The tool can "skip" over the precups ans you end up with a wavey head.. Had it happen to me once lol
Or destroy the machine it seems going by a few storys in USA!!

(10-11-2014, 11:25 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]why not phone an engineering shop and ask?

Can you suggest one to ring?! I literally have no connections to that sort of thing anymore.

The only common thing it seems is a rod of brass through the injector hole and smack it out!!
I tried to remove one once, wouldn't budge used a bigger hammer still didn't move, got angle grinder on it still didn't move gave up.

Take it to a propa place let them sort it
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-26594.html

I got a precup out, not the way you would want to though
Thanks fish
MJA engineering in bromsgrove now have me head! ThumbsUp
with the cups still in i take?
Indeed