306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Knocking suspension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have a knocking noise on the left side front shock when I go over bumps sounds like something's loose. The drop links and top mounts are only 2 years old. Any idea what it could be?
2 year old cheap droplink could still quite feasibly be knackered - 306's seem to be quite hard on droplinks in my experience.

Check that first and then do a quick spanner check of everything down there and see what if any movement / noise there is when you give everything a good shake.
(03-10-2014, 08:36 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: [ -> ]2 year old cheap droplink could still quite feasibly be knackered - 306's seem to be quite hard on droplinks in my experience.

Check that first and then do a quick spanner check of everything down there and see what if any movement / noise there is when you give everything a good shake.

Yeah I checked it this morning but couldn't find anything, I'll give changing the drop links a go
Does it knock when you apply full lock or just over bumps as previously said spanner check I'd check Top mount, anti roll bar linkage I'd also check the spring/damper
(03-10-2014, 08:45 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote: [ -> ]Does it knock when you apply full lock or just over bumps as previously said spanner check I'd check Top mount, anti roll bar linkage I'd also check the spring/damper

Just over bumps and I only installed them a few days ago so it's all tight
(03-10-2014, 08:47 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2014, 08:45 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote: [ -> ]Does it knock when you apply full lock or just over bumps as previously said spanner check I'd check Top mount, anti roll bar linkage I'd also check the spring/damper

My only other suggestion is track rod end
Have a look in the guides section for ginge191 he did guide on front suspension change it has some pics that might give you a ruff idea of potential things it could be
(03-10-2014, 08:58 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2014, 08:47 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]

My only other suggestion is track rod end
Have a look in the guides section for ginge191 he did guide on front suspension change it has some pics that might give you a ruff idea of potential things it could be

Yeah I followed that guide really helpful, just weird how it started making that noise when I changed it all but nothing's loose
as this is on the nearside also check the bottom ball joint pinch bolt is tight some times the hole in the hub becomes oval and may cause a knock?
mine does a similar thing when i turn left off a roundabout and i think its the rear mount on the wish bone as i have just had the mot and every thing else was ok and that came up as an advisory
So I went to change my wishbones at weekend and one came off nicely. The other however as you would expect was a t**t. I have broken the head off of the bolt that holds the wishbone on The other end of this bolt is encapsulated in the subframe. I have read up and if I change the subframe I am likely to encounter the same problem with those bolts. Is anyone on here a PUG expert or great at removing snapped bolts?