306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Best Smartphone? Need to decide by 3:30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all, what is the best smartphone and why? Dont want to go for the iphone 6 because heard bad things from them, dont know about the samsung galaxy, and i definitaly dont want another HTC, any advice on whats it got etc would be helpful as i need to decide by half three.. Thanks..
Can.of.worms...
(26-09-2014, 11:10 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Can.of.worms...

Lmfao, not helping...
There isn't a 'Best'..

There will ALWAYS be the Apple VS. Android argument

I was offered a Iphone 5S for free with a £27 a month contract a week or so ago which personally I thought was a great offer if I needed it (I didn't, I have a 5 purchased outright on sim only for £10 a month)

It depends what you want from a phone, I'm not a phone geek, I wanted it to make calls, send texts, surf the net and listen to music, I've always had Iphones since they came out so when I managed to get a brand new Iphone 5 the day they came out and ended up paying £150 for it as Three couldn't cover signal when I moved house, seemed a great offer Big Grin
MotoX 2nd Gen!

you can totally customize it, with different backs and its near pure google experience, plus price is right, BUT its way pass your 3:30 dead line right?
(26-09-2014, 11:21 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't a 'Best'..

There will ALWAYS be the Apple VS. Android argument

I was offered a Iphone 5S for free with a £27 a month contract a week or so ago which personally I thought was a great offer if I needed it (I didn't, I have a 5 purchased outright on sim only for £10 a month)

It depends what you want from a phone, I'm not a phone geek, I wanted it to make calls, send texts, surf the net and listen to music, I've always had Iphones since they came out so when I managed to get a brand new Iphone 5 the day they came out and ended up paying £150 for it as Three couldn't cover signal when I moved house, seemed a great offer Big Grin

Thats excatly what i want! Calls text and surfing the web, three are offering me a sim without a phone, all you can eat minutes text data, because i work as a dog handler and i go on sites for 12 hours a day, it gets boring just sitting there listening to the radio flattening the battery etc, so im always surfing the net and watching netflix youtube, with the htc from o2 they dont do unlimited data im paying £25 for unlimited minutes text and 6gb data which is rubbish, with three i only pay £23 but cant quit o2 as they want £189.62 to terminate the contract so that is why i am looking for a new phone with longer battery life..

(26-09-2014, 11:22 AM)JamesPT Wrote: [ -> ]MotoX 2nd Gen!

you can totally customize it, with different backs and its near pure google experience, plus price is right, BUT its way pass your 3:30 dead line right?

Will look into it.. its only half 12?
Xperia Z2 or Z1 compact.

Very well made. Amazing screen. Easy to use. Waterproot and dust proof. I got my Z2 for £24.99 a month, unltd txts, 1000mins, 2gb data on EE.
Iv recently got the S5 & IMO it seems pretty good....
My sister has the samsung galaxy which just realised the battery life, either guna go for the moto x 2nd gen or the xperia z2 as they have a good battery life..
This s5 is by far the best battery life phone iv had. Had the S3 before and was charging that 3 times aday. I use the s5 just as much and still has 40% left by the time i go to bed. They seem to have addressed that issue
Be different...... get a Blackberry Passport......I am.
for me its gotta be an iphone ive got the 4 which is getting on a bit now but still is holding pretty good battery life talking 8 hours before getting down to 20% and still lighting quick loading stuff up but that just my opinion but mine @ £17.50 a month i thinks a steal
i brought a nexus 5 really pleased with it dropped it a few times now still in one piece battery life is really good
seem to be quick and easy to use also
Ive been reading about the reviews on the nexus 5 saying battery life is no good, had an blackberry which is crap, had an iphone is good apart from battery life as i am going to be using the phone for about 9-10 hours a day... Now i dont know which one lol either like my last post, motox 2nd gen, xperia z2 or the s5..
Nokia 3310. doubles as a hammer for when the car breaks down.
Best build quality phones: Iphone 5/6 or HTC one M7 and M8
(this is personal) most asthaetically pleasing, HTC one/iPhones.
Best screens (although there isn't much in it) Iphone then Samsung then HTC (although HTC has the highest quality pixel count, its not quite as bright as the galaxy, colours are more realistic on the HTC)
Easiest usability: Iphone 5/6 or HTC
Low light and high speed photography, Iphone6 or HTC one m7 or m8, HTCs night/low light settings are spectacular

Shittiest build quality, hardest to use (compared to the other 2) Samsung galaxy - comes with the most bloatware and useless bollox on it. whilst they look the "blingiest" if you want to look like a chav.. (these go best with the PEG stickers now available, and in shitroen saxo 1.1s with ripspeed bodykits)

Preference to android or iOS is up to you,
Tl;dr

HTC one m8 IMHO.
Moto G. You don't sound like you need any more than that, they're <£150, 4G latest version of android, only downside is the camera is a bit shit.
Sony Xperia z2 i had an iPhone 4 before was fed up of iTunes trying to control everything so bought the Sony it's a great phone as previously said its waterproof and dust proof I'd recommend it but again it's all personal preference to what you use your phone for.
my battery life on my nexus 5 lasts about 2 days that just making phone calls and texting every now and then
I've just renewed my contract with 3, and upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to HTC One M8. I could sit here typing how much better the HTC is, but I can't be arsed. To be honest, the phone is overkill for what I need (calls, texts and internet, maybe the odd pic or video). I don't do Facebook etc.

But, if I didn't have to pay upfront for it, there would be an iPhone sitting here instead.
(26-09-2014, 12:46 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]Nokia 3310. doubles as a hammer for when the car breaks down.

Lol matt, same with this htc one im using..

(26-09-2014, 12:46 PM)toseland Wrote: [ -> ]Best build quality phones: Iphone 5/6 or HTC one M7 and M8
(this is personal) most asthaetically pleasing, HTC one/iPhones.
Best screens (although there isn't much in it) Iphone then Samsung then HTC (although HTC has the highest quality pixel count, its not quite as bright as the galaxy, colours are more realistic on the HTC)
Easiest usability: Iphone 5/6 or HTC
Low light and high speed photography, Iphone6 or HTC one m7 or m8, HTCs night/low light settings are spectacular

Shittiest build quality, hardest to use (compared to the other 2) Samsung galaxy - comes with the most bloatware and useless bollox on it. whilst they look the "blingiest" if you want to look like a chav.. (these go best with the PEG stickers now available, and in shitroen saxo 1.1s with ripspeed bodykits)

Preference to android or iOS is up to you,

I got a htc one now, dunno which one, i would of went with iphone except the bloody itunes gets on my nerves.. music i download are all the same mp3 and it doesnt add some of the songs on.. reading the reviews on samsung is putting me off, like you said camra, can only get either 16gb or 32gb without the extra memory card.. lmfao about PEG i was reading earlier.. defo not going with them sticking to this 306oc.. i know u guys are a bunch of good guys that have been giving me good advice since i joined.. in future like if i need help with the hdi i know where to come Smile

(26-09-2014, 12:48 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Tl;dr

HTC one m8 IMHO.

Whats good about thw htc one m8? Like whats the difference?

(26-09-2014, 12:56 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: [ -> ]Moto G. You don't sound like you need any more than that, they're <£150, 4G latest version of android, only downside is the camera is a bit shit.

Will look into it now and read the reviews..

(26-09-2014, 01:02 PM)Adam-m-h Wrote: [ -> ]Sony Xperia z2 i had an iPhone 4 before was fed up of iTunes trying to control everything so bought the Sony it's a great phone as previously said its waterproof and dust proof I'd recommend it but again it's all personal preference to what you use your phone for.

Thats why i had changed to andriod, was really fed up with itunes, changing a rington got me dow loading this and that then going through itunes etc etc.. same old bullsh*t..

(26-09-2014, 01:17 PM)daniel909 Wrote: [ -> ]my battery life on my nexus 5 lasts about 2 days that just making phone calls and texting every now and then

I was looking at the battery life on that, and was good, thinking of gettin that but hoping no upfront cost as but on the down side with money until next month..

(26-09-2014, 01:27 PM)Alan_M Wrote: [ -> ]I've just renewed my contract with 3, and upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to HTC One M8. I could sit here typing how much better the HTC is, but I can't be arsed. To be honest, the phone is overkill for what I need (calls, texts and internet, maybe the odd pic or video). I don't do Facebook etc.

But, if I didn't have to pay upfront for it, there would be an iPhone sitting here instead.

Aint got the cash atm to pay upfront until next month, they told me some new phones i dont pay upfront like the s5 or the iphone 5c but cba with itunes like i said in the other comments..
Htc one M8 or Xperia Z2?

Htc has poor camra in bright light.. and xperia is sluggish? Who ever has had these phones can you tell me if you had this problem?
Xperia is NOT sluggish in anyway!!

Its camera though is NOT as good as the amount of pixels it boasts. It is good though!
I got the iPhone 6 highly recommend it. Was going to get it for £25 a month over 2 years from apple but bought it out right and use giff gaff as it's only £12 a month unlimited data, texts and 500 minutes.
my m8 just turned up today after i smashed my nexus 5 up Sad seems brilliant phone well built looks good cant really comment about batt life etc but happy with my choice!
Oh and to compare my S3 battery lasted a day basically...same use and i get two days now with this and it could do better if you fiddle with morr settings
Definitely NOT iPhone...
Iphone ia too expensive and they want money upfront which i aint got, some of the other phones which was mentioned on here they havent got so its guna be the xperia z2, cheers pigstar..
So what did you decide on in the end then? Smile

EDIT: Never mind, posting at the same time FTL! Big Grin

TBH, I was quite interested in the Z2, would love to know how you get on with it! Wink
Pages: 1 2 3