306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bens bosch conversion dont use the wrong key!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Ben Jay Wrote:ahhh ok fair enough. I will up date tonight once i have double checked the timing. i want to rule that out first as its the most "In depth" job.

I will also upload a couple of videos too

ive not got round to fitting it yet! going to pop to halfords and pick up some more washer bits and bobs as i dont htink the tube i have is a good diameter.

Don't take it personally, I just find it really hard to help with no information and I am sure I am not alone, I (like everyone else in here) just want to help you get it sorted out Smile
Ben Jay Wrote:ive not got round to fitting it yet! going to pop to halfords and pick up some more washer bits and bobs as i dont htink the tube i have is a good diameter.

if you're talking about the boost gauge - the pipe tends to have a smaller diameter than the gauge and T-piece, you need to warm it in boiling water/lighter and stretch it over - a pipe too big will just pop off mate.

If you bought it as a pack, pipe included, it will be the right one.
ginge191 Wrote:
Ben Jay Wrote:ive not got round to fitting it yet! going to pop to halfords and pick up some more washer bits and bobs as i dont htink the tube i have is a good diameter.

if you're talking about the boost gauge - the pipe tends to have a smaller diameter than the gauge and T-piece, you need to warm it in boiling water/lighter and stretch it over - a pipe too big will just pop off mate.

If you bought it as a pack, pipe included, it will be the right one.

so the pipe from the back of the gauge to the t peice is fine. its just getting a reducer that goes in the boost compensator pipe
you shouldnt need a reducer - just get some small jubilee clips around the tpiece and comp. pipe?? am i missing something here :|
ill take a picture of that tonight too. show you what i mean
yeh, that would be nice.
Ben Jay Wrote:ill take a picture of that tonight too. show you what i mean

You literally just cut the boost comp hose that goes from the intercooler to the LDA and fit the tee when you cut it, jubilee clip it on and job done Smile
Hes talking about the pipe you T into for the boost gauge. The internal diameter of the boost compensator pipe (from LDA housing to TMIC) is something like 7mm, whereas the boost gauge piping will be more like 3mm. So if you use a T-peice with all 3 outlets 3mm, the Boost compensator pipe will be too big and more likely to slip off, even with some jubilees.

I suggest getting one of these - Clicky

As that should be much more reliable and less of a faff! I spent ages getting the t peice connection on my 205 right without it leaking loads! Its one of the most common places for a 'boost leak' imo...
Dan! Wrote:Hes talking about the pipe you T into for the boost gauge. The internal diameter of the boost compensator pipe (from LDA housing to TMIC) is something like 7mm, whereas the boost gauge piping will be more like 3mm. So if you use a T-peice with all 3 outlets 3mm, the Boost compensator pipe will be too big and more likely to slip off, even with some jubilees.

As that should be much more reliable and less of a faff! I spent ages getting the t peice connection on my 205 right without it leaking loads! Its one of the most common places for a 'boost leak' imo...

+1 rep for you... thats exactly what i need!
8-)
Dan! Wrote:Hes talking about the pipe you T into for the boost gauge. The internal diameter of the boost compensator pipe (from LDA housing to TMIC) is something like 7mm, whereas the boost gauge piping will be more like 3mm. So if you use a T-peice with all 3 outlets 3mm, the Boost compensator pipe will be too big and more likely to slip off, even with some jubilees.

I know that the tee that came with my gauge had a stepped barb on each connection so it was 3mm at the ends and 6mm from about half way along each connection so I didn't have that problem :dance: which is probably why it confused me lmao
Yeah some are like that, mine wasnt Sad If all 3 outlets are 3mm then its a right jeffery trying to get the compensator pipes to stay on, used to drive me mad! lol
Dan! Wrote:Yeah some are like that, mine wasnt Sad If all 3 outlets are 3mm then its a right jeffery trying to get the compensator pipes to stay on, used to drive me mad! lol

I hear you....but super glue and duct tape would do it no bother Big Grin
Dan! Wrote:its a right jeffery trying to get the compensator pipes to stay on

i am now stealing this saying and will use this in general conversation...it is the best thing i've heard all day!
What mark said - i thought they were all barbed along :|
On the contrary Ginge, id say the majority are equal width for each outlet. You can certainly get them with 'stepped' widths, but they arent as common. Put 'small plastic t piece' into google images and have a look lol
i didnt even know they did a 3mm to 6mm T peice thats why dan is such a legend!
Neither did I when I was first getting into the tuning game! After spending weeks farting around with normal t-pieces I just punched something like 't-piece reducer' into ebay and was like, ZOMG, WIN! lol
Wow, i must have got very lucky with mine then...

google images definitely gave me some dildo's
As I say, mine came with the gauge, which AFAIK is the norm.............

Like this one - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tim-1-Bar-Tur ... _500wt_715
mark_airey Wrote:As I say, mine game with the gauge, which AFAIK is the norm.............

i got a cheapo one that didnt!
Yeah, imo thats how all of them should come with boost gauges, because is inevitable that people will be fitting them to loads of different types of cars and it makes the 'kit' more universal. I guess mine was a shitty t-piece because I bought a cheap gauge lol mehhhh
Ben Jay Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:As I say, mine game with the gauge, which AFAIK is the norm.............

i got a cheapo one that didnt!

Clearly...........or we wouldn't be having this convo..........is there any reason why every time you reply to me you have to come across as having some sort of issue?? Because its always a short snappy reply.........

All I was saying is that mine came with one and all the ones I have seen have been stepped, plus my gauge is an auto gauges one, they don't get much cheaper than that lol
im not having an issue! im just adding my opinion! i really appriciate the help that you and the other have given me and if i was coming to FCS you all would be bought beers!

will you be coming to the august ace meet that kim and scott are trying to organise?
Ben Jay Wrote:im not having an issue! im just adding my opinion! i really appriciate the help that you and the other have given me and if i was coming to FCS you all would be bought beers!

will you be coming to the august ace meet that kim and scott are trying to organise?

that wasn't an opinion though, it was a statement that was already clear........its just the way that every time you reply to me its a short snappy answer!

Beer is no use to me...........I don't drink lmao and ACE would 4 1/2 hours each way for me, think I will give it a miss Tongue
mark_airey Wrote:
Ben Jay Wrote:im not having an issue! im just adding my opinion! i really appriciate the help that you and the other have given me and if i was coming to FCS you all would be bought beers!

that wasn't an opinion though, it was a statement that was already clear........its just the way that every time you reply to me its a short snappy answer!

Beer is no use to me...........I don't drink lmao and ACE would 4 1/2 hours each way for me, think I will give it a miss Tongue

sorry if it comes across like that!
Less exclamation marks would probably help...
bigcheez2k3 Wrote:Less exclamation marks would probably help...

You think!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneone!!

lmao and better use of the smilies too Smile
Exclamation marks dont help, I know im bad for over using them aswel, and iv noticed it alot from Mark and Foxy-jim too. Always makes comments come across as an argument when they arent lol
right no exlamation marks from now on!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8