306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dum-Dum's Black Rallye
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Your 306 is incredible !!!
Big Grin thanks mate
(07-06-2015, 05:37 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but it looks prettier without it.
Yup it def does look pretty without!  Makeup 
Hi Chris, (Scottish dude in the green xsS from yesterday) 
Thanks for the invite to pugfest but alas a ten day old son 4 other kids from 2-21 and a grand spent buying and retrieving the car probs means I can't do it this year but...
Love your car just in case you couldn't hear me yell FKN love it man at 50'ish.
500 miles, a quick visit in Cambridge and way too many traffic jams later I pretty much cooked myself with the heater as a just in case the fans dud to keep her cool and finally pulled up at the house at 1am, 
Drove all the way at 60/70 and the car was sweet as a nut and nice and tight all the way home!
Stick with the white speedlines or go back to standard???
Not too sure about the exhaust tone either as I work for Dominos in on of the poshest areas in Glasgow!?!?
Nice car btw!  Rofl
you have an exhaust blow chris by the way.

Oh but on the plus side, I can hear you from about 1 mile away!
(27-06-2015, 01:22 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2015, 05:37 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but it looks prettier without it.
Yup it def does look pretty without!  Makeup 
Hi Chris, (Scottish dude in the green xsS from yesterday) 
Thanks for the invite to pugfest but alas a ten day old son 4 other kids from 2-21 and a grand spent buying and retrieving the car probs means I can't do it this year but...
Love your car just in case you couldn't hear me yell FKN love it man at 50'ish.
500 miles, a quick visit in Cambridge and way too many traffic jams later I pretty much cooked myself with the heater as a just in case the fans dud to keep her cool and finally pulled up at the house at 1am, 
Drove all the way at 60/70 and the car was sweet as a nut and nice and tight all the way home!
Stick with the white speedlines or go back to standard???
Not too sure about the exhaust tone either as I work for Dominos in on of the poshest areas in Glasgow!?!?
Nice car btw!  Rofl
Cheers mate, leave yours on the white speedlines, she looks lush

(27-06-2015, 06:46 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]you have an exhaust blow chris by the way.

Oh but on the plus side, I can hear you from about 1 mile away!
I know, I ALWAYS have an exhaust blow as rallye flames are stronger than exhaust paste and TBH stronger than the metal too.

I know I can be heard a long way off, got told off today LOL
So after bagging a genuine brand new Peugeot clutch for the rallye back in November when I realised it needed doing it has finally got bad enough for me to change it. Sadly when this happened was the day after I injured my back again so I drove down to www.krisb.co.uk and paid him £100 to do it. He had it done in under 4 hours!

[attachment=24167]
Not a bad price for the clutch tbh.
Cba to read back, what size are the holes on your bumper? I have plans for mine Smile
£100 for a clutch? That ain't all that bad considering drive in/out within few hours.
Yeah, very good price but that is labor only.
Well duhhhhhhhh... Tongue
So before pugfest I fitted a new caliper, hose and bled the brakes again and fitted a new hub as it had stripped on wheel bolt and felt like it was gonna do another.
[attachment=24468]
[attachment=24469]

Had a hoon at pugfest, 4 runs all scraping under a minute.
[attachment=24470]
[attachment=24471]
[attachment=24472]
[attachment=24473]

Got a rallye edition OC sticker from Niall, need more of these Smile
[attachment=24474]
[attachment=24475]
[attachment=24476]

Drove straight from Pugfest to Scotland and then home 5 days later, I'll tell you what the MPG is when I've brimmed the tank but it's put over a thousand miles on the car. Also have some amazing photos from up there but need to pick which ones to upload.
Are the hubs just bolt on? I mean do you just buy them and they are 4 bolts? Mine are stupidly rusty so if its cheap enough might just be easier to get some new ones and smash them on.
(19-07-2015, 07:42 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]Are the hubs just bolt on? I mean do you just buy them and they are 4 bolts? Mine are stupidly rusty so if its cheap enough might just be easier to get some new ones and smash them on.

The rears are just a centre nut. Super easy.

Looking good man. Hope to actually see this at some point.
Yeah the rears are just a 32mm center nut that is easy enough to undo with a long enough bar.

Only issue I had was the inner race being stuck on the spindle but fire and hammers eventually sorted this although there isn't much space to get anything behind it to force it off. If I do the other side I should probably do a video guide.
Just use a puller

Then the inner race always is a bugger, but crow bar/chisel to get it moving then get the puller in again
Aww f*ck I forgot I own a puller!!!!!!!

f*ck sake!!
You still need to put £3 in the club fund for that sticker Wink
quoting post #234
consider using Dzus fasteners for attaching plate
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...7061,d.ZGU
(19-07-2015, 09:10 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]You still need to put £3 in the club fund for that sticker Wink

No £12 for the multi buy. What time will you be at ace till tomorrow?
So after Pugfest I went straight up to Scotland, from leaving Prescott Hill at about 4:30pm I got to my parents after 11pm but close enough to the arctic circle that at that point it wasn't fully dark. So the Pugfest week was well over 1000 round trip.

Took some pretty pictures while I was there. Bar being shrunk and number plate editing all the pictures are as they were taken, there's no HDR here (either real or fake), those are the true colours.

[attachment=24639]
[attachment=24640]
[attachment=24641]
[attachment=24642]
[attachment=24643]
[attachment=24644]
[attachment=24645]
[attachment=24646]
Those roads look epic! :O
(29-07-2015, 03:33 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]Those roads look epic! :O
They are Wink

Pugfest video of my in car runs finally. Got down to about 58.5 seconds. Need to be a better/braver driver to go faster but I reckon a 57.something is possible.

(19-07-2015, 07:31 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]So before pugfest I fitted a new caliper, hose and bled the brakes again and fitted a new hub as it had stripped on wheel bolt and felt like it was gonna do another.

Drove straight from Pugfest to Scotland and then home 5 days later, I'll tell you what the MPG is when I've brimmed the tank but it's put over a thousand miles on the car. Also have some amazing photos from up there but need to pick which ones to upload.
Ayèeeeeeee what bout me

(19-07-2015, 07:31 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]So before pugfest I fitted a new caliper, hose and bled the brakes again and fitted a new hub as it had stripped on wheel bolt and felt like it was gonna do another.

Ayèeeeeeee what bout me
(29-07-2015, 07:44 PM)hovis16 Wrote: [ -> ]Ayèeeeeeee what bout me

Confused Confused Confused

What about you squire?
(29-07-2015, 05:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Need to be a better/braver driver to go faster but I reckon a 57.something is possible.

I can give you my number if you need? Wink I'd like to take the race car to Pugfest next year but with no PAS that tight hairpin is going to be a bitch
(30-07-2015, 11:49 AM)DemonDriverDan Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-07-2015, 05:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Need to be a better/braver driver to go faster but I reckon a 57.something is possible.

I can give you my number if you need? Wink I'd like to take the race car to Pugfest next year but being a wimp that tight hairpin is going to be a bitch

sorted that out for you fella ThumbsUp
(30-07-2015, 11:51 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]

I can give you my number if you need? Wink I'd like to take the race car to Pugfest next year but being a wimp that tight hairpin is going to be a bitch

Haha! Big Grin Now I'll have to bring it to show you guys what a decent time actually is Wink
(30-07-2015, 01:25 PM)DemonDriverDan Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-07-2015, 11:51 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]

Haha! Big Grin Now I'll have to bring it to show you guys what a decent time actually is Wink

Seeing as my diesel megane pulled similar times to these rallyes and souped up dturbos you better be bringing something good Wink
(30-07-2015, 03:51 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing as my diesel megane pulled similar times to these rallyes and souped up dturbos you better be bringing something good Wink

No problem Wink
You'll be fine with no pas just mtfu. Would love to see the difference between a race spec and road spec Rallye
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10