306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Louder Exhaust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking at making my car a bit meaner sounding, is it just a de-cat that can be done or is there more to it? I think I have a aftermarket system as it is.
For a dt i think the best way to make sound nice is decat, standard centre and straight pipe at rear with a tip.

Ideally only want one silencer middle or back
(03-08-2014, 03:40 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]For a dt i think the best way to make sound nice is decat, standard centre and straight pipe at rear with a tip.

Ideally only want one silencer middle or back

Awesome I think I'd keep the rear silencer. So it will be straight through mid section and decat? Will it still pass the MOT? Or will I have to stick the old system on when I go for MOT's
Only need one box for the Mot
You also need the cat for MOT now unfortunately. Probably get away without this year while they're still 'getting used' to the new rules though.
(03-08-2014, 03:56 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: [ -> ]Only need one box for the Mot

Sweet Smile gonna go for a de-cat and straight through centre pipe, will any do or does it have to be expensive? Was looking at these...

De-cat
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351130826458

Straight Through
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350692633911

(03-08-2014, 04:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]You also need the cat for MOT now unfortunately. Probably get away without this year while they're still 'getting used' to the new rules though.

Ah okay so I'm better off just getting the straight through centre pipe then
You're welcome to get a decat and swap for the MOT if they fail it. A decat does make a big difference on a diesel tbh. I don't have the balls to run one anymore though in case the police start checking for them! lol

Do you know what setup you've already got? Is it just standard with a sports backbox?
(03-08-2014, 04:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]You're welcome to get a decat and swap for the MOT if they fail it. A decat does make a big difference on a diesel tbh. I don't have the balls to run one anymore though in case the police start checking for them! lol

Do you know what setup you've already got? Is it just standard with a sports backbox?

Yeah I may just swap it for mot and I'm not sure the system doesn't look standard. The forums not letting me upload pictures :/
Performance wise keep the center box and ditch the back box, center boxes on these aren't restrictive but the back box is
(03-08-2014, 04:54 PM)Nath140889 Wrote: [ -> ]Performance wise keep the center box and ditch the back box, center boxes on these aren't restrictive but the back box is

What do you get to replace it?
Can just use a straight pipe welded on with an exhaust tip welded to that, as said above only needs one box in the system for mot, and due to the age of most dturbos i reckon u could probably get away with a decat if its a standard pipe from a phase1 , cats on dturbo exhaust systems were fitted in a very hit and miss fashion , can get the decats from most motorspares for under 25quid
(03-08-2014, 04:59 PM)Nath140889 Wrote: [ -> ]Can just use a straight pipe welded on with an exhaust tip welded to that, as said above only needs one box in the system for mot, and due to the age of most dturbos i reckon u could probably get away with a decat if its a standard pipe from a phase1 , cats on dturbo exhaust systems were fitted in a very hit and miss fashion , can get the decats from most motorspares for under 25quid

I'll see if any pop up for sale Smile don't have access to a welder
Buy some tube, and if you are ever over this way, drop in Wink

With a case of beer of course. Wink
(03-08-2014, 05:14 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Buy some tube, and if you are ever over this way, drop in Wink

With a case of beer of course. Wink

Thanks mate Smile
Get a stainless system like mine, Infinity Exhaust, Chipping Sodbury. Man up and straight through
Got a powerflow backbox for sale in the parts section if you're interested. Not a big big at all and routes straight, not restrictive at all.

However the general consensus seems to be on here that ditching the backbox entirely typically makes the diesels sound good...want want to do it on a petrol though!
(03-08-2014, 07:16 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Get a stainless system like mine, Infinity Exhaust, Chipping Sodbury. Man up and straight through

I just had a look on their site, I might ring them tomorrow and get a quote Smile

(03-08-2014, 08:08 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]Got a powerflow backbox for sale in the parts section if you're interested. Not a big big at all and routes straight, not restrictive at all.

However the general consensus seems to be on here that ditching the backbox entirely typically makes the diesels sound good...want want to do it on a petrol though!

Man I'd love that back box but have no money at the moment, I have a car I'm braking if you want to swap it for any parts? It's my 1.4 in the for sale section all parts are available
I got a de cat Center box then straight to a 3" tip sounds good and passed mot with no cat Sad
(03-08-2014, 08:50 PM)daniel909 Wrote: [ -> ]I got a de cat Center box then straight to a 3" tip sounds good and passed mot with no cat Sad

I bet that sounds awesome what silencer do you have left on it?
Mine cost £180 for a 2.5" system, can't see why it would be any dearer for yours
(03-08-2014, 09:08 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Mine cost £180 for a 2.5" system, can't see why it would be any dearer for yours

That's pretty good actually I'll call them tomorrow. I'll come get the needles when you find them Smile
(03-08-2014, 08:46 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]Man I'd love that back box but have no money at the moment, I have a car I'm braking if you want to swap it for any parts? It's my 1.4 in the for sale section all parts are available

Had a fair amount of interest but no takers yet, had a guy come today but I ended up repairing his standard exhaust for him instead...I think I'm too nice! lmao

If it doesn't sell in the next 1-2 days I'm off on holiday until late August so it might end up still being around for a bit.
Does the 1.4 have any shinies on it? I don't need any standard parts.
(03-08-2014, 09:37 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2014, 08:46 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]Man I'd love that back box but have no money at the moment, I have a car I'm braking if you want to swap it for any parts? It's my 1.4 in the for sale section all parts are available

Had a fair amount of interest but no takers yet, had a guy come today but I ended up repairing his standard exhaust for him instead...I think I'm too nice! lmao

If it doesn't sell in the next 1-2 days I'm off on holiday until late August so it might end up still being around for a bit.

Fair enough lol and sadly no :/ just a standard car, it has crystals if that's classed as a shine haha
Just speak to them and say your friend had one fitted and he said to speak to them about getting one
(03-08-2014, 09:43 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2014, 09:37 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]

Fair enough lol and sadly no :/ just a standard car, it has crystals if that's classed as a shine haha

I've got a ph.1 mate. Smile

Well, in any case if you do get some money together feel free to get in touch, but it does sound like you could get a nice system from this thread.
(03-08-2014, 09:48 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Just speak to them and say your friend had one fitted and he said to speak to them about getting one

Will do mate Smile

(03-08-2014, 09:55 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2014, 09:43 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2014, 09:37 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]Had a fair amount of interest but no takers yet, had a guy come today but I ended up repairing his standard exhaust for him instead...I think I'm too nice! lmao

I've got a ph.1 mate. Smile

Well, in any case if you do get some money together feel free to get in touch, but it does sound like you could get a nice system from this thread.

Yeah thinking of going for that custom system
I've got a one piece turbo back custom stainless exhaust for sale

Drop me a pm if your interested
IDK if you heard mine but it's de-cat>midbox>pipe with a 3.5" (I think) outward rolled tip. Passed 2 MOT's just fine, sounds nice when you want it to but fairly quiet at 30/40mph around town.
(03-08-2014, 10:30 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a one piece turbo back custom stainless exhaust for sale

Drop me a pm if your interested

I would love to but sadly have no money free, just parts off my 1.4 and crystals to trade

(05-08-2014, 06:17 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]IDK if you heard mine but it's de-cat>midbox>pipe with a 3.5" (I think) outward rolled tip. Passed 2 MOT's just fine, sounds nice when you want it to but fairly quiet at 30/40mph around town.

Yeah I was thinking de-cat>straight through centre> back box.

But I've heard its better to keep a midbox and do away with the rear box
on my xud i had a de-cat, a mid box with all the baffles removed, then to a 3" straight through section to replace the back box, so essentially a full straight through system, sounded lovely, fortunatley i dint have to put it through any mot's while i had it.
Pages: 1 2