306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Setting up a bosch pump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically have just done a conversion on a friends and cant get it to run right. Managed to get it to stop hunting but its boging down now. Best way to go about setting these up? Someone please help ive got to go back to it tomorrow morning and finish off.
Check the guides section, there's about 4 or 5 threads in there relating to the tuning of bosch pumps. Come back if you're still stuck after reading them. Wink
Make sure timings right.
Boost comp wound out most of the way.
Max fuel in until bita smoke at full boost.
Idle screws set right.

What else can ya do?
Moved the studs on bracket from lucas setup??
Right I cant adjust the lda as its been "smoothed" need a new cap. Ive looked through the sections but I cant seem to find an "issues" bit. For example my car has white smoke advance the timing due to unburnt fuel. Im going to have another fiddle tomorrow morning. It has been a long day. I think I need to advance the pump then set up the max fuelling then set the idle I think. In that order? The hunting that it was experiencing was sorted with throttle arm adjustment. I think it was to far back?
ignore this
(18-07-2014, 09:44 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Right I cant adjust the lda as its been "smoothed" need a new cap. Ive looked through the sections but I cant seem to find an "issues" bit. For example my car has white smoke advance the timing due to unburnt fuel. Im going to have another fiddle tomorrow morning. It has been a long day. I think I need to advance the pump then set up the max fuelling then set the idle I think. In that order? The hunting that it was experiencing was sorted with throttle arm adjustment. I think it was to far back?

Sounds like a sound idea to me Big Grin