306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Idle control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick one. I know the clutch is low bite and responsive on these but my idle is running about 1000rpm and my clutch responds as soon as I lift my left foot, however I get a judder in first gear. Would lowering the idle 'smooth out' pulling off?

If so to maintain the fuelling I'm getting but lower the idle a touch, which idle screw do I need to wind in? Or both due to them being for hot and cold?

Also should I feel the clutch tighten up/slacken or need more fuel from my right foot to get the car rolling in relation to idle change?

Just trying to smooth out pulling off and reduce engine vibration at idle

Cheers Steve
which fuel pump? and no, lowering the idle won't make it set off smoother, more revs and let the clutch out smoothly will though unless something else is wrong . .Smile
Sorry havnt given any info about set up, bosch lda and gov'd (but not set up by me). Wax stat removed so constant idle of 1000 rpm.

I've been reading and presume lower idle=less fuel, so will need more of a press on the throttle say if I dropped the idle to 8-900. I have noticed the car pulling off easier/harder when fuel is adjusted. I.e. If fuel is up a bit the car will pretty much pull off from clutch with little or no throttle.

Could a judder pulling off in 1st be worn clutch cable/gear linkages/ slipping clutch/ something loose?
It's been like this for ages now, all mounts replaced but idle still shakes/ judders when pulling off.

On its 3rd clutch at 138,000 but one was taken when a box went.
I got judder in 1st on my 306, I was told it was likely broken springs on the clutch or something like that. It never caused a problem it was just a slight annoyance.
Yea it hasn't caused problems for a few thousand miles it's just annoying and since just buying a hdi, that's a lot smoother!

It may be the age/ condition of everything on the car. The xud is 5 years older (and has had more of a 'thrashing ').
Sounds like it wants scrapping. I'll happily come take it off your hands for £150. Wink
Ha! £4-5000 in the past 5 years gone into it. I'll NEVER sell it lol
Excuse me!? What are you running? Tri-turbo?!
It's an xud isn't it. Gearboxes clutches, £100s for mots, battery, radiator, steering, beams, then the mods. It was a complete mess when I bought it. Very neglected and ragged. I just love it too much to ever get rid / break. And like u say I'd be offered pennies for it.
(26-06-2014, 12:57 PM)doogle-d turbo Wrote: [ -> ]It's an xud isn't it. Gearboxes clutches, £100s for mots, battery, radiator, steering, beams, then the mods. It was a complete mess when I bought it. Very neglected and ragged. I just love it too much to ever get rid / break. And like u say I'd be offered pennies for it.

£150.01? Tongue

Only kidding, I like your style.