306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: slightly off topic..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all ,

returned to the peugeot scene as i couldnt hack having a 70hp corsa c yukkkk...

So , I have bought Danny2009's , 309 GRDT 1.8.

was just wondering really how much boost i would be able to run on this engine with it having no cooler. I have had bad experiences in the past with turned up diesels that aren't 'cooled so just want to be careful.

Thanks in advance..

Lewis
About 18 psi. My 205 has no cooler yet. Soon t have one
and what does yours run like , it smoke quite a lot still and does coolant temp build up quickly?
i'd just get an intercooler on it soon as poss mate, what happened to the 106 i saw you in at Danny's the other day? Smile
hmm yeah , looks like i better get saving then Sad and sold it on mate.. it was too much of a mess and not having legit insurance etc , its all a bit risky. I sold it to my cousin and the gearbox went on it yesterday so now its either being broke or scrapped Sad
(09-06-2014, 12:28 PM)LewisG306 Wrote: [ -> ]hmm yeah , looks like i better get saving then Sad and sold it on mate.. it was too much of a mess and not having legit insurance etc , its all a bit risky. I sold it to my cousin and the gearbox went on it yesterday so now its either being broke or scrapped Sad

yeah i understand, went quite well though didn't it? Lol
aye it went pretty well.. could tell when the turbo was running out of steam at the top end though Sad was definitely asking for a td04 or maybe a vnt.. Wink
(09-06-2014, 12:06 PM)LewisG306 Wrote: [ -> ]returned to the peugeot scene as i couldnt hack having a 70hp corsa c yukkkk...

I hear what you're saying. Had a P reg 306 xtdt for a while which had only done 60,000 with the obligatory "one lady owner" (my mother-in-law) but got rid as it was a sunroof model and I couldn't get comfy being 6'4".

Had a Corsa CDTi which died a few months back so I'm back in a 306 again - wish I'd kept the last one and just out up with the cricked neck ! So much nicer to drive.
Yes get a cooler on. Its fine when you go for the first hard pull but it quickly gets heat soaked and hot air charge
(10-06-2014, 07:32 PM)pugmanxud Wrote: [ -> ]Yes get a cooler on. Its fine when you go for the first hard pull but it quickly gets heat soaked and hot air charge

They easy enough to intercool? not really had a look down the back but was kind of under the impression that the turbo was bolted pretty much onto the side of the inlet?
Nope. You need an xantia inlet manifold or mod one with the D seal type flange.
Ahh okay , does the xantia manifold go straight on? Or is there any mods that need to be done?
(11-06-2014, 10:34 PM)LewisG306 Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh okay , does the xantia manifold go straight on? Or is there any mods that need to be done?

i'm pretty sure it'll go straight on mate Smile
Yep straight on. You can mod your current one but it's ballache
There you go, I've got a decent cooler Wink