306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: bore score
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi
i know ideally no bore score is what you want but, an engine that i am re-building had abit of scoring on two cylinders, that could be easily felt with your nail.

so i had the block honed but some of the scoring marks have remained but they are alot better and can only just be felt with your nail.

I know this wont massivly affect the running but could i possibly run in to issues with compression and will my new rind bed in ok

thanks
If you're in bed of a block you can see what the one in mine is like.
Might need to deck the block as I think I've warped it to f*ck
If you can feel it with your nails it's BAD....

For what an XUD9 block is worth, it's hardly worth it, you'll forever have a poorly sealing ring...
Now its been honed i have to 'search' for the scores but still can feel them, so its probaly safest (and for peace of mind) to ditch that block and use another

cheers
Yeah, for what it's worth, it's barely worth it... You want the rings to have the best chance at sealing to begin with, it'll never seal 100% with slight scoring so for what it's worth, may as well swap it out.