306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Oil pressure and temp gauge fittings on block?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anywhere on the block I can take a temp and pressure reading? I need to remove my sandwich plate as its making the filter too far out to remove so I need to lose it. Where else can I fit the senders from the gauges? Pre without any drilling or taping
Some sumps like the one in my xantia engine have more than one sump plug so could use one for oil temp. On the 309 I put my oil pressure into the front of the block where the Oem sensor goes
Did it fit straight in? Standard size? Just steel sump so only holes on bottom.
You can get adaptors to go in the block so you can keep the oem sensor for the stop light and a fitting for your gauge.
I don't think pressure switch is plugged in anyway
Mines a steel sump but has an extra plug at the front. You can get adaptors for the sensors from demon tweeks
Have a look for a slimmer oil filter bud. Ive got plenty of room on mine Smile
1996 Renault megane 1.9 diesel oil filter fits our cars perfectly, about half the depth of the standard one.
Cheers never would have considered that. Will that be ok servicewise? Just change it abit more regularly
Just normal service intervals bud. They have the same filtration properties as far as I'm aware.
99% sure this is the one you want:

http://tinyurl.com/k7hky4t

(M20 x 1.5)
Cheers buddy Smile

I couldn't be arsed to faf around with my filter last time so it's desperate for a change Confused