306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: lucas fuel pimp pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi if you look at the pic No.1 is missing on my car and No.2 has been smashed open and a new solenoid has been put in. No.2 im not worried about but what is No.1 in the pic.
Duno....

Needs the whole thing replacing with a bosch /thread
(02-04-2014, 03:52 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Duno....

Needs the whole thing replacing with a bosch /thread

Me either, looks like the guy who had it before didn't look after it as well as I first thought. One of my injector pipes cracked off from the pump end at 70mph on the motorway couple of weeks ago, now I either have to replace the leek pipes or two of my injectors need resealing.
Id presume its to stop the throttle from slamming shut, it lets the throttle arm back slowly when it comes to a certain point, I could be wrong though.
^^^ yeah i think its something to do with the throttle. but the lucas has all the shi**y tamperproof cover on it which may cause it to be an asshole to replace. better off sacking off the lucas pump and getting a bosch on there
It is to stop the arm. Mine absorbs the shock of the arm and brings it gently back to position lol
As above it's just for fairies that like a nice smooth drive/pedal

If your having issues get a Bosch on it rather than messing with Lucas
(03-04-2014, 02:34 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]As above it's just for fairies that like a nice smooth drive/pedal

If your having issues get a Bosch on it rather than messing with Lucas

Yeah I'm no fairy.lol the pump seems to be working ok the only other issues I have at present are leaking injectors and leak pipes. tracking is out as its pulling massively to the left with steering wheel shake and gear stick wobble. also i judder when pulling off the lights.

But one thing at a time, think tracking should be done in a couple of days.