306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: THE_Liam's Mercedes thread - New Benz!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
it needs the 190E cosworth kit on it, also I passed a 190e and I thought of you Liam, as there are not many of these around in sunderland now!
Came to work this morming and found something similar to your e class.. piled in all this crap with rats etc..
(16-09-2014, 09:36 AM)Josh1994 Wrote: [ -> ]Came to work this morming and found something similar to your e class.. piled in all this crap with rats etc..
Mines actually the equivalent of a C-class mate, that one in your photo is an E-class W124. Know who owns it and what engine it is?
Guna say I thought they were different.

I wouldnt wana see any bodykit on it, looks proper 80s retro as it is liam....be nice to see a decent straight 6 under the bonnet though!
(16-09-2014, 03:48 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Guna say I thought they were different.

I wouldnt wana see any bodykit on it, looks proper 80s retro as it is liam....be nice to see a decent straight 6 under the bonnet though!
Thanks man. Can't decide between straight 6 or diesel power. Standard engine is pretty weedy and not massively healthy either, showing slightly low oil pressure and using a fair bit of oil as well, don't think I'll leave it in there....
I dont know who owns it, and its a 250 something so guessing its a 2.5L use to be a limo company who had the land before then after that squatters came in and wrecked the joint, there are caravans full of crap inside a way way old truck just sitting there and rats everywhere... Cant even take the bloody dog for a walk there..
...so kents a nice place to visit then Josh lol

Diesel lump with mahooosive turbo if you wana be a drift mental slag and coal everywhere...but i sense this isnt the purpose of this 190e. Its a cruiser, needs a nice straight 6 smooth beefy engine...likes it owner :p
(16-09-2014, 08:43 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know who owns it, and its a 250 something so guessing its a 2.5L use to be a limo company who had the land before then after that squatters came in and wrecked the joint, there are caravans full of crap inside a way way old truck just sitting there and rats everywhere... Cant even take the bloody dog for a walk there..
That means it's a 250D, so its a 5-pot diesel. Now that's tempting, bit far away though I think.
(16-09-2014, 08:59 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]...so kents a nice place to visit then Josh lol

Diesel lump with mahooosive turbo if you wana be a drift mental slag and coal everywhere...but i sense this isnt the purpose of this 190e. Its a cruiser, needs a nice straight 6 smooth beefy engine...likes it owner :p
Yeah you get the point there, its no drifter, its a lazy cruiser. Merc diesel engines are pretty smooth though, I'm tempted by the 2.5 5-pot diesel, or even dropping in an OM606, but I just don't really have the time for a huge project.
Lol piggy, this is in london near illford, kent is better, and liam dont think you want this one lol, window smashed light broken flat tyre bodywork kinda rusty and paint fading, dont even wanna talk about the inside TMI
Shame to hear the engines giving up the goose (or whatever that phrase it) , when you know what you're doing give us a shout I finish early on fridays so if you needed a weekends work
My friend has a c class with an om605 turbo diesel. Its really quite refined actually, despite being an old one.
(17-09-2014, 06:26 AM)Josh1994 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol piggy, this is in london near illford, kent is better, and liam dont think you want this one lol, window smashed light broken flat tyre bodywork kinda rusty and paint fading, dont even wanna talk about the inside TMI

To be honest mate I'd only want the engine, box and mounts, rest would go over the weighbridge Wink

(17-09-2014, 06:38 AM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]Shame to hear the engines giving up the goose (or whatever that phrase it) , when you know what you're doing give us a shout I finish early on fridays so if you needed a weekends work

Cheers for that man. It's not giving up the ghost, it's just a bit tired after 135k. These engines are long-lived but they do start using a bit of oil at big mileages, especially 1.8 190E's because they get worked very hard in comparison to the bigger engines. And if I'm gonna swap, something more powerful, more economical or both wouldn't be a bad idea.

(17-09-2014, 09:17 AM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]My friend has a c class with an om605 turbo diesel. Its really quite refined actually, despite being an old one.

That'd be the C250TD then I'm guessing? That's basically the same 5-pot 2.5 as the 190D has, just with an electronic pump and a turbo, very smooth engines that sound immense for a diesel. The OM606 is the 3.0 6-pot from the E300TD W202, the bug-eyed shape, apparently that's not hard to fit and can manage 250bhp and 400lb ft with minor mods. Not gonna say I'm not tempted, in a sub 1200kg 190 that would be immense lol
Dont think you would want the engine when the rats has chewed through the wires etc..
wires? on a mechanical engine? Big Grin
Confused thought all engines has little wires? Proably the pipes then..

(17-09-2014, 01:32 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]wires? on a mechanical engine? Big Grin
Repainted the grille, can't decide if it was worth bothering? Also chucked a sponge at it, Autoglym shampoo, then Autoglym SRP, then Turtlewax, then blacked up the plastics with Autoglym stuff. My equivalent of a complete detail, took like an hour! I'll post pics in here a bit later when it brightens up (so April), or I might even start a "OMG my whip is so cleeeen done a full detail with £230 worth of posh stuff it took 4 dayzzz" thread.
[Image: 20141026_112010_zpslqkdllap.jpg]

[Image: 20141026_112021_zpssjkurlmr.jpg]

[Image: 20141026_111947_zpsytr4n3wl.jpg]

[Image: 20141026_111956_zpsgdkbchip.jpg]
Neverbeen sticker needs to go, it's awfully chavvy

Part from that looks alright
(26-10-2014, 12:42 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]Neverbeen sticker needs to go, it's awfully chavvy

Part from that looks alright
I like it so it's staying Wink
So, another slight update. I've basically been abusing the crap out of it as always, using it to drag a heavy trailer full of my mates shit when he moved house, winter daily, not cleaning it, so here's some photos of it looking grotty and with the tow bar fitted (cheers Danny2009)...

[Image: 20141228_144916_zpsirjhb9ac.jpg]

[Image: 20141228_144857_zpscuqnuqnb.jpg]

[Image: 20141228_144909_zpsydzlejho.jpg]

Also, the new tow bar will now have this on it...

[Image: 20150110_142957_zpso1kmb5cc.jpg]

[Image: 20150110_143014_zpslf9u7frk.jpg]

It's an Elddis Wisp 350/2, 2 berth with a huge bed, full cooker, big fridge for beer, hot and cold running water, nice hot shower and a cassette toilet, can be towed by pretty much anything as it weighs 680kg, and even has a brown stripe to match the Benz so no more tents for me and more weekends away. Gonna be great at shows seeing everyone drinking warm beer and queuing for toilets and showers. Just needs a battery and an awning, not bad for £450.

As for the future of the Benz, not sure. Fuel economy matters a bit more now I have the caravan, I'd be surprised if I can average 20mpg with this on, and with the MOT running out next month it seems like a good time to get it tested and cash in, then maybe get a 306 again...
class little caravan! you will be laughin when it pisses down too, as people will get bogged out in a tent, you will be nice and dry!
I keep considering a caravan. Just need to find a cheap one like this! Good buy, get some shots of the inside!
Here's a few...
Caravan wanker! Matches the car mind. lol

I'd suggest manning up and putting a diesel engine in this, but it doesn't matter what you do to it, it'll be moved on within a couple of months regardless - you've had it too long lol.
Nice mate

All I can think of now is the film sightseers lol
(12-01-2015, 07:06 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Caravan wanker! Matches the car mind. lol

I'd suggest manning up and putting a diesel engine in this, but it doesn't matter what you do to it, it'll be moved on within a couple of months regardless - you've had it too long lol.

your right there, 1st it was the cars now he has moved on to caravans! if I post a photo of my rents caravan, he will say I want it!
First car I've ever had that's passed an MOT first time with no advisories Smile

[Image: 20150124_113939_zps1guav96p.jpg]
good shit liam! you got it insured as a classic yet?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10