306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: THE_Liam's Mercedes thread - New Benz!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Also, despite only having 109bhp, it can drift...
Get diff welded Wink
(17-03-2014, 10:19 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Also, despite only having 109bhp

When new from factory!!!!
(17-03-2014, 10:33 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Get diff welded Wink

Stop giving me evil ideas dammit!

(17-03-2014, 10:56 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-03-2014, 10:19 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Also, despite only having 109bhp

When new from factory!!!!

Yeah true. Feels pretty lively though actually, part of why it was slow is I was driving it like a diesel and not letting it rev, now I'm used to it its not bad at all.
So with it being a bit slow, and stickers being worth 5-7bhp each....

[Image: 9ezesyru.jpg]

[Image: vumepyga.jpg]

So, areas needing attention...

Dodgy paint on the bonnet, you can see the line where the aerosol meets original paint:

[Image: tu2aqu9u.jpg]

Knackered door cards:

[Image: ajumaze8.jpg]

[Image: 9urebuju.jpg]

And although the springs are the same all round (GSF -40mm), is it me or is the back higher?

[Image: e9a5ebe3.jpg]

[Image: a5atu4yr.jpg]

Pug looking sad about to be butchered for organs Sad

[Image: pyrenaty.jpg]
I think it's just the lower front bumper that gives the illusion of not being level. The arch gap on each wheel looks the same.

I really like the brown haha
(17-03-2014, 03:24 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's just the lower front bumper that gives the illusion of not being level. The arch gap on each wheel looks the same.

I really like the brown haha

Thanks man, it's grown on me too. Would look awful on something new but on an 80's car it looks right...

I keep wanting to go lower but it's soooo comfy lol
Liam where did you get the scrappage scheme sticker? as i want one for my metros rear window.
Diff welded yet? Wink
(23-03-2014, 11:29 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]Liam where did you get the scrappage scheme sticker? as i want one for my metros rear window.

Off ebay mate Wink

(23-03-2014, 11:30 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Diff welded yet? Wink

No and it won't be, not enough power to drift anyway lol
233 miles on 50.45 litres, I work that out to be 21mpg... Ouch Sad
Ouch indeed.
Yeah, thats kinda harsh. Mines almost as bad, only managed 35mpg on the last tank! Confused

Anyway, i'll just leave this here: Wink

[attachment=14598]
That's not great lol but you didn't buy it for epic Mpgz

My truck does 12-14mpg that's diesel and I bet it Dosent weigh much more than the merc I feel your pain
21mpg...ouch indeed. I thought the cosworth 2.3 was capable of that?! Undecided
(24-03-2014, 07:37 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, thats kinda harsh. Mines almost as bad, only managed 35mpg on the last tank! Confused

Anyway, i'll just leave this here: Wink

You legend! That looks awesome! I'll be changing that when I'm back at the computer!

(24-03-2014, 07:45 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]That's not great lol but you didn't buy it for epic Mpgz

My truck does 12-14mpg that's diesel and I bet it Dosent weigh much more than the merc I feel your pain

Christ mate that's not healthy! Veg oil?

(24-03-2014, 07:50 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]21mpg...ouch indeed. I thought the cosworth 2.3 was capable of that?! Undecided

My commute always makes cars drink like f*ck mate. Never averaged more than 33mpg in a DT...
33mpg?! how do you drive in a commute....like "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my ass is on fireeeeee"?!? lmao
(24-03-2014, 07:55 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]33mpg?! how do you drive in a commute....like "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my ass is on fireeeeee"?!? lmao

Sat in traffic constantly, driving enthusiastically, veg oil...
Nah ran it on bio but dosent like it so diesel is all it will drink thirsty bitch!
(24-03-2014, 08:53 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Nah ran it on bio but dosent like it so diesel is all it will drink thirsty bitch!

What is it?
2.5 banana tranny
(24-03-2014, 09:20 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]2.5 banana tranny

Don't they have Bosch pumps?
Hasnt Darren etc run those trannys with boschs and big turbos on all sorts, inc engine oil?!
They are pretty bloody tough...
It's an auto isn't it Liam? Probably doesn't help on the mpg to start with.

Who cares anyway, petrol is the cheapest it's been for 4 years so enjoy it haha

My commute also sees about 33mpg in the hdi, I'm interested to get the gti6 on the road and see how it compares, as I reckon I can get similar figures on the commute to work
Liam, got to say... love it!! Brown, cool wheels and low enough to look "right". That has pimp hat and cane written ALL over it.

Have to say though, 21mpg. I dream of that... my Luxobarge Jag is now struggling to do 10mpg with a pulley upgrade and heavy right foot!

JP
(25-03-2014, 10:28 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]It's an auto isn't it Liam? Probably doesn't help on the mpg to start with.

Who cares anyway, petrol is the cheapest it's been for 4 years so enjoy it haha

My commute also sees about 33mpg in the hdi, I'm interested to get the gti6 on the road and see how it compares, as I reckon I can get similar figures on the commute to work

No mate, it's a manual, which is a shame because it's not great to be honest. Yeah I'm not too worried, just had a pay rise, quit smoking and cancelled Sky so I have some extra spare cash. Plus I think sorting this misfire will improve it Smile

(25-03-2014, 10:43 AM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]Liam, got to say... love it!! Brown, cool wheels and low enough to look "right". That has pimp hat and cane written ALL over it.

Have to say though, 21mpg. I dream of that... my Luxobarge Jag is now struggling to do 10mpg with a pulley upgrade and heavy right foot!

JP

Yeah but you have 300+bhp, I could cope with 10mpg for that! Thanks mate Smile
400hp+ actually :-P

I do wish it was a manual though, that said, it's a merc AMG autobox and it's really VERY good. Merc do make brilliant hardware!

JP
So, swapped the leads yesterday and although the idle is still iffy it pulls much better and doesn't misfire under load anymore Smile
..on a side note, well done for quiting smoking Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10