306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Exhaust manifold flange
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone selling an off the shelf manifold flange or is it basically a custom made bit from an engineering firm?
Looking to make up my own log manifold.
You could make one from steel plate and a plasma cutter i would of thought. Or somehow make a template and get a company to laser/water jet cut it out for you... Or cut it yourself with a grinder lol Wink
Macclesfield Laser will be able to help you if you send them a drawing/ tracing of what you need: sales@macclesfieldlaser.co.uk

They cut a lot of exhaust flanges for me and the service is good.
By the sounds of it il probably end up doing it with the grinder!

@simonh - what sort of money would they charge for that type of flange?
Get the hacksaw and file out to play?
Hehehe....

....flange. lol
Stitch drill & get yer file out!
(02-03-2014, 08:35 PM)joe1joe Wrote: [ -> ]Get the hacksaw and file out to play?

(03-03-2014, 08:55 AM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]Stitch drill & get yer file out!

Old skool... thats how i made my adaptor plates for the td04. Seriously time consuming, but then im in no rush so this is probably the cheapest and best solution.
Yeh stitch drilling is the way if you have time. Can make up some complex stuff like that, I found it easier to make a paper/plastic template to get the correct spacing and a punch to start your drills on. I did all my flanges like this and they turned out alright.
(03-03-2014, 11:16 AM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Yeh stitch drilling is the way if you have time. Can make up some complex stuff like that, I found it easier to make a paper/plastic template to get the correct spacing and a punch to start your drills on. I did all my flanges like this and they turned out alright.

I was going to use a metal gasket as a template.
Im really only making one for the craic, ive been reading too much of the merc lads on superturbodiesel and wanted to give it a go.
I'd imagine you'd be around £15 or so plus vat and postage.
(03-03-2014, 04:28 PM)simonh Wrote: [ -> ]I'd imagine you'd be around £15 or so plus vat and postage.

Frig, that doesnt sound too bad. Id be out that buying the steel and going through drill bits/ cutting discs!
Surely you'd be better off with a grinder with a flap disc than a file?
(03-03-2014, 09:54 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Surely you'd be better off with a grinder with a flap disc than a file?

Try getting a grinder into an XUD head port pattern :p
Yeah sure if you can find someone that doesn't have a min order / setup charge - most places will want a min of £75 from you, if they want the job at all.

(03-03-2014, 09:11 PM)anto Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2014, 04:28 PM)simonh Wrote: [ -> ]I'd imagine you'd be around £15 or so plus vat and postage.

Frig, that doesnt sound too bad. Id be out that buying the steel and going through drill bits/ cutting discs!
(04-03-2014, 08:27 AM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2014, 09:54 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Surely you'd be better off with a grinder with a flap disc than a file?

Try getting a grinder into an XUD head port pattern :p

Agreed.
Although i have an air powered die grinder so itl make life a little easier.
Il probably just make one, the fun is in the building/ fabricating Big Grin