306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Vag fag shit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Car in question is a 2007 Audi a4 1.9 tdi I'v been given the job of repairing it and I'm not getting the full story from the owner.

Basically they was driving next minute performance went down reduced rpm to 3000rpm (limp mode) and black smoke and no engine light. A Former "audi technician" removed the egr pipe and cleaned it out.

Car now has less smoke but no omphh behind it.while stationary it won't rev past 3k and is sluggish through rev range once in 4th gear and at 70 it hits brick wall again ie limp mode but not always. The owner complained since the egr pipe had been cleaned it now sounds like a sucking sound. I'v personally heard this and it's very faint just as turbo is coming on boost but no oomph slight black smoke out the back. I'v checked for leaks and used break cleaner deodrant etc to check for increased idle etc.

After inspecting few things I then cleaned the clogged egr valve which you'd have thought would have also been cleaned!

Things I'v considered are maf sensor and boost pressure sensor but there no engine light.

Any ideas?
Have you got vag com or something similar to actuate the egr just to test. Does the vehicle have dpf on? Sounds like limp mode. Blocked dpf are sods
I might get hit for doing this, but i'm just trying to help! Being German it's probably down to a sensor, almost always is!

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=179589