306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: clutch cost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Thinking my clutch is going to need doing soon. The bite is very high, and has done 164k so makes sense. I phoned garage and got a surprisingly high price (normally well priced) so looked through Haynes to see what's involved. I have no intention of doing it myself, but wanted to have an idea why cost would be high. Anyway I don't have a load of money to blow on it so looking for best price I can get. I can get the clutch kit at trade price so it's just labour in fighting to keep down. Anyone know what I'm going to be looking at? It's a 95 Peugeot 405 1.9td. Thanks in advance
Most garages will probably charge somewhere in the region of £250. That's what I found when I was looking anyway. Wink
You need to find someone that works on there own/just started there own business something like that, someone in a little unit as opposed to a big garage. Its not useful but i know atleast 3 people that will do a clutch change for around 100quid. They are out there. But unfortunately it is a time consuming job, hence the cost :/
How much do people pay for a 3 piece clutch kit for like a valeo/luk one?
I charge £100 labour plus parts. But your a fair bit away
(06-02-2014, 09:49 AM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Its not useful but i know atleast 3 people that will do a clutch change for around 100quid.

Would that be if you supply the clutch kit? I had a couple of offers like that, but had to supply the kit, so it worked out almost as expensive as just taking it to a garage and letting them get the parts. Nospeak
Yeah 100quid labour, plus cost of parts. Depending on who you are and who you know you can get a clutch a bit cheaper. IMO though cheaper is cheaper, if you save 20quid it was worth doing. Some people rather just give it to a garage and pay more.
So far my usual garage has quoted me £200 all in, or £150 labour. My mate isn't that cheap on this one. The one they stock is £85. He said he might be able to order a cheaper one in. Both these are with a 2 year warranty.
Luk one will come with life time manufacturing error warranty
200 all in isnt bad tbh.
I know originally he they said £250 till they knew who I was Tongue