306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Astor Platinum Onyx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I've got a 3J setup for racing only so it's pretty strong and it is incredible, completely changed the car. It's a bit more work to fix than a Quaiffe and they do chatter, you have to put an additive in the gearbox oil etc.

Honestly, a Quaiffe might be enough if you're on the road as well. I really wouldn't want to try and drive the race car on the road, it would suck.
Thanks guy for the diff advice,differently going to research more in to it myself aswell.

Jamma if you drive it normally on roads can notice there's a diff fitted.And how is it in extreme weather conditions? I.e if you aquaplane or driving on a icy roads.
So got the newer,better interior and also got my hands on my dad's industrial hover which was quite fun Smile 

[attachment=21134] 
[attachment=21135] 

The before and after of the rear bench 

[attachment=21136] 
[attachment=21137] 

[attachment=21138]
And all finished,probably looks the same to most people but bolsters are in way better condition so now.I've also want to restore the alcantara suede but heard the best thing is warm water.

That's  sorted I can move on to engine and finishing suspension mods 
You are welcome to come out in mine. Fitted a quaife two weeks ago and it's very good. Quiet, pulls about a bit but massively increased grip, only on power though. Slightly more understeer coming in but could be cold weather and track tyres.
(14-01-2015, 08:07 PM)adam b Wrote: [ -> ]You are welcome to come out in mine. Fitted a quaife two weeks ago and it's very good. Quiet, pulls about a bit but massively increased grip, only on power though. Slightly more understeer coming in but could be cold weather and track tyres.

Yeah cheers mate Smile

If you pm me your times I'll make shure i haven't got the same ones. 
So but of a update focus failed so took it to local garage and was took it would take the whole weekend.
GREAT 306 time Smile hour later the focus was fixed and I have to drive the shitty car again now Sad 

Never mind got to go for a drive,everything felt great Smile just waiting for the speedline to turn up.

[attachment=21881]
beautiful 6 mate think am going to have to look for an Astor grey 306 definitely the best colour
(28-02-2015, 10:54 AM)smithbomb Wrote: [ -> ]beautiful 6 mate think am going to have to look for an Astor grey 306  definitely the best colour

Cheers mate giving it a ruddy good clean today 
So as of tonight it's taxed and on the road Smile 

Been for a little drive in it already and feels like maybe the engine mounts on the way out and lower suspension sounds abit rattly,I read the advisory or previous mot and it stated play in the balljoint so give that a look Saturday.

On a very happy note my mate final received this 

[attachment=22002]
your mate carl chambers... So many wheels! Whats going to happen here is... youll put these light weight track wheels on... then youll get the track bug... then itll turn back into a track slag...
(05-03-2015, 10:06 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]your mate carl chambers... So many wheels! Whats going to happen here is... youll put these light weight track wheels on... then youll get the track bug... then itll turn back into a track slag...

Yeah sounds abit right lol 

Seen the wheels on phil's rallye today and they look smaller than the clones so may need some more lows.

Also hoping to rebuild the beam before action day as I have some 21mm tbs sitting here gathering dust.
So the wheels are on and so are the nankang ns2r Smile 

So happy cars really getting they drives great since its been sitting for 6 months,just got to do the MOT next week,got action day and fcs track time booked and hoping to do snetterton and rockingham aswell as never did that when I went to the old french car shows. Here some photos,fully aware they not too everyone's tastes and I need to lower the rear abit but it'll have to wait as the beam is seized so will need rebuild and some adjustable shock(hopefully done for July time)

Checking clearance for 406 brembos
[attachment=22133][attachment=22136][attachment=22137][attachment=22135][attachment=22134]

[attachment=22132]
Nice wheels mate.
(12-03-2015, 12:27 AM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice wheels mate.

Cheers mate my friend has them on his black rallye and there look kinda crap so quite chuffed how they look on mine. 

Also when we had the car on the ramp realised why the car sounded louder,I've now blown all the baffles out of the mid section Sad and does seem abit Laggy mid rev range,so wondering whether to straight throw it or get a little silencer put in.

Next up was the ride every before the nankang where on it was pretty brutal so checked my mounts and seems like the previous owner had fitted a a solid engine mount,so glad It wasn't a top mount or somthing.

Got a whole set of FREE brake pads of my mate as he was changing a set for a customer that didn't even need changing Smile 

Ebc yellow stuff which I was going to try anyways even if they last a few months it's a bonus and they's lods of meat still on them 
[attachment=22139] 

So next or the list is

Steering wheel boss 
omp/sparco/momo wheel 

And do the MOT in a few weeks as well as a oil change,pads,disc's and brake fluid.
How much is your 6 lowered? Whens the cams getting fitted?
(12-03-2015, 01:06 AM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: [ -> ]How much is your 6 lowered? Whens the cams getting fitted?

I'd say 40 rear 45 front,wanna get out on track and see if it rubs on track before I go any lower really.

Ahhhhh May hopefully I do have money to do it now but working 6 days a week and saving ever penny to move out to a place with a decent drive and or garage,then can start doing more myself/get rid of the focus and build and 205 track car Big Grin
Sam youre so confused! Standard interior but then racing wheels brakes and steering wheel... youll have buckets in it by the end of the year..
Been there done that tho sam, i was exactley the same with my nile 6, fast engine pretty much track ready but kemp my interior in. Its just nice to be able to get in and go without the hassle of harnesses and then having to climb back out ect... im in 2 minds on what to do with the rallye myself as i have standard interior in now but bucket seats in the garage?
(12-03-2015, 10:14 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]Sam youre so confused! Standard interior but then racing wheels brakes and steering wheel... youll have buckets in it by the end of the year..

I keep seeing these corbeau ones but saying No as that £300 towards a diff and also have to get harnesses,harness bar,seats mounts.If I see some cheap I'd get them and store them for somthing but not for this.

As chris says it's soo nice just to jump in and drive it and driving around other people was such a ball ache in the rallye
(12-03-2015, 11:13 AM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2015, 10:14 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]Sam youre so confused! Standard interior but then racing wheels brakes and steering wheel... youll have buckets in it by the end of the year..

I keep seeing these corbeau ones but saying No as that £300 towards a diff and also have to get harnesses,harness bar,seats mounts.If I see some cheap I'd get them and store them for somthing but not for this.

As chris says it's soo nice just to jump in and drive it and driving around other people was such a ball ache in the rallye

Well a big hello Sam !!!!!

I'm just about to put Buckets in mine only for FCS Track sessions ...
I'm then going to put stnd seats back in ....as your aware Sam I did 30 odd laps at Combe FCS 14 & they just don't hold you enough but buckets aren't no good for taking my 15yr old sons m8s in the back to football ....
I think having two sets of wheels & removable buckets will serve me well ....
I'm going to be looking for Sachell TBs & Cams / pocketed pistons soon & ECU ...trying to keep my 6 everyday sensible until I change bits once to three times a year for track use ...
Just collecting Monday some bucket seat mounts that bolt directly to 6 base ...so only 30mins to change seats & I'm getting Narrow ones so they fit inside nice .
I've got a 3j with race plate settings & 2.4 mk1 rack & that's the most impressive mods I've done so far by miles !!!!!
I've put 1.5 bottles of 8oz redline plate diff additive & it's quite as a mouse on the road thank god now !!!
It was clonking NOT now & as you saw I was flat out round Combe corners ...the semi slick Dunlops did help though...
Your right on tracking it but make sure you keep it sensible for everyday use or as others it gets sold or parked up to much .!!!
Yeah Been they with the buckets and cage etc.

I have cams,ecu sitting here atm would love a diff but I'll see how funds are.You at action day next month?

Your car properly sorted now,you been out on track much?
Are these the seats your talking about? Wink I have a set removed from my saxo and now sitting under my house awaiting track use. Just cant bring myself to pull the rallye seats out and replace them with the buckets....

[Image: 20150124_163800_zps9e52wmx3.jpg]
[Image: 20150125_150658_zpsheinkntu.jpg]
This looks the tits on those speedlines dude!

One of my favourite 6's for sure
(16-03-2015, 01:57 PM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: [ -> ]Are these the seats your talking about? Wink I have a set removed from my saxo and now sitting under my house awaiting track use. Just cant bring myself to pull the rallye seats out and replace them with the buckets....

gorgeous seats!!!  Heart Heart Heart
(16-03-2015, 07:48 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]This looks the tits on those speedlines dude!

One of my favourite 6's for sure

Cheers mate,got a show at santa pod this weekend so will put the Oc stickers on a get repping lol 
hopefully If I wake up early enough tomorrow I'll take it to work,As only been out once since I tax it,seems a shame to drive it.

(16-03-2015, 09:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-03-2015, 01:57 PM)eddy_gti6 Wrote: [ -> ]Are these the seats your talking about? Wink I have a set removed from my saxo and now sitting under my house awaiting track use. Just cant bring myself to pull the rallye seats out and replace them with the buckets....

gorgeous seats!!!  Heart Heart Heart

Yeah very nice almost makes me want to strip the astor lol  great value seats aswell  (£139 each ) 
ive the same seats in my 205, great value and comfy
Bidding on this tonight and won,quite impressed for what I bid,also never seen this type of wheel before in aftermarket form.I originally wanted to have the gti6 wheel sueded but it feels to big so got this instead.plan on spraying the centre black and making a carbon blank for the middle. 

Need a boss now 

[attachment=22250][attachment=22249]
So first show of the season is on Sunday it's static so can have a chill and talk shit lol 

As i'm picky I went to the jet washer after work and put in 3 quid,managed to pre wash,shapoo,liquid wax and rinse in 3 minutes.Then used some tire shine to finish the job,will give it a job going over with demon shine on the day.

[attachment=22263][attachment=22265]

Also ordered a new mount for the gopro,housing and mic so should get to play with that on Sunday. 
Love those wheels... I used to own a set of the btcc magnesium ones on my old rallye Wink
(19-03-2015, 09:06 PM)adam b Wrote: [ -> ]Love those wheels... I used to own a set of the btcc magnesium ones on my old rallye Wink

Remmber the red rallye,what happened to it?

Apparently magnesium wheels degrade over time but carl's been using his for ages on the race car with no problems.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18