306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Rough Idle bosch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Done the bosch conversion otherday and im having trouble finding a happy medium with max fuel, idle when hot and cold. At the moment im only hitting around 18 psi but cant properly set up the idle.

When i start the car from cold (no wax stat cable) it will stutter and be rough. once warm it will idle above 1k even though iv go the hot idle wound all the way back. everytime i turn the engine off and start it back up wether its straight away or 15mins later it will stutter and idle rough at 500rpm to the point it nearly cuts out. it will also do this when turning the car full circle or putting any load on. But give it a quick blip on the throttle it will idle again above 1k.

How can i go about putting the wax stat cable back in? wait for the engine to be stone cold and moving the cold idle all the way to the left and attach the cable?

Any info would be great thanks
Dont like to be the bearer of bad news, but it could well be down to the cold start spring which IIRC you lost and replaced with a similar one? Things like that can be VERY sensitive, so you might need to source a proper spring and fit that.

Also, do you have the cold start advance solenoid at the front/bottom of the pump wired in? Should come on with the glowplugs and stay on for 60 seconds-ish once the cars started, to help the cold fuel burn better and make the engine smoother from cold.
i havent got a cold start advance on the front just a blanking plate i got the pump off a 405 even the wax stat wasnt there the hot/cold idle was static between the 2 screws
Fair enough then. I would still be dubious about the cold idle spring though, I know people running PLENTY of fuel for 30psi and they can still maintain sub 1000rpm hot idles :think:
yeah im finding it annoying i only wound the screw in a tad. From standard it only boosted to 10psi but got it up to 20-22psi after a few turns. but the idle was hurrendous! so wound it down and been doing my head in all day figuring it out. Guess il have a hunt for a spring now then haha
I think studturbo has a few spare mate, probably worth PM'ing him Smile