306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Less Lows = Lift?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
right, for a long time i've wanted to lower a car, but over 18 cars, and 8 years i've never brought myself to do it, and when fitting newer saxo bits to my ax's it raised it a little.

Now i know that it's not the same, but i've been looking at a landy that's on the way to work, with a lift kit, big maxxis tyres, arch extenders and full sump guard etc, and it looks awesome, and i couldn't help myself thinking 'i wonder what that'd look like with a 306 shell on top?'

maybe?

[attachment=12061]

Might have to look into it tbh, even if it goes nowhere, either bigger shocks/springs or using spacer blocks to raise it all up, even maybe to the lengths of getting a full chassis and 4wd kit underneath

thoughts?
Would look excellent, Dakar spec! lol

Raising like that will cost a helluva lot more than lowering though. think of the stress on the drivetrain, even if you found a 405 mi16 gear to stick in it.

Land Rover gear would make it handle horrible, since it's solid axles.
Google "306 dangel" this will give you naughty ideas although I'd prefer a 505 dangel
(15-12-2013, 05:12 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Google "306 dangel" this will give you naughty ideas although I'd prefer a 505 dangel

DANGEL! that's the word I was trying to remember earlier. ta Tongue
a quick render using only the finest software...LOL

[attachment=12062]
like this

i suspect you could get an extra 1" - 1.5" over standard, on standard equipment. space to top mounts out and raise the torsion bars with some shock spacers aswell , and it wouldnt stress stuff to much, i cant see have that would stress any more than a 70-80mm drop which i run on all our 306s, Then get some 13-14" 8J banded steels with some chunky tyres & add on arches
yeah that was the most simple way i thought of, any higher and the whole subframe, top and gearbox mounts, struts and rear beam would have to be spaced, essentially just raising the body by 4" or so.. Smile
Get some ebay gheto drift arches like pellowe had.

I gotta say I reckon if we can comfortably lower 80mm we could probably raise 80mm too with the right suspension combo. Could probably make some shock spacers out the bottom of some old shocks and the top of some old hubs welded together to space the bottom of the shock out then as said raise the torsion bars with longer shocks.

Really tempted to buy a tatty ph1 and do this actually.

(15-12-2013, 07:55 PM)John1.4 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah that was the most simple way i thought of, any higher and the whole subframe, top and gearbox mounts, struts and rear beam would have to be spaced, essentially just raising the body by 4" or so.. Smile

Or that yeah, thats probably the most sensible way, box section between the beam and the floor and the sub frame and the floor.
I think 4" would be abit extreme lol
Dead driveshafts and balljoints would be the order of the day. Oh, and steering arms.
sent an e-mail to Baker mounts about the possibility of some bigger rear beam mounts.. *crossfingers*
Just get 4" blocks of steel, drill a hole in it and a longer bolt. Tongue
my friend is building this pickup into a mini monster for himself
no lift kit available for it so he is fabricating all the plates/blocks himself
think he said its havong a 6inch lift with larger tyres

[attachment=12075]

[attachment=12076]
is that with the kit? looks stock lol
(16-12-2013, 06:06 PM)John1.4 Wrote: [ -> ]is that with the kit? looks stock lol

yes the lift is done remember the subaru pickups are car based not like a hilux Wink
Instead of raising it in the opposite way to how you would lower it your best option would be to raise the body. Which would tek some doing. Would need some serious planning....... And spacers lol
Best of both Wink

/shamelessplugg

[Image: DSC_0037_zps1c5ef65d.jpg]
right baker has got back to me on a price for a rear beam set - £195 plus VAT for +3" , roughly the same for subframe blocks
make them yourself with box section if your planning on doing this
will be a lot cheaper than £440
yeah i suppose lol, maybe get myself a new welder (mines busted) and look into doing that..
Dont forget doing it this way you will need to extend all your copper brake line to reach you beam
meh that's no problem, got coils of the stuff in the cupboard Smile

thinking steering may be an issue though,
(18-12-2013, 01:32 PM)John1.4 Wrote: [ -> ]meh that's no problem, got coils of the stuff in the cupboard Smile

thinking steering may be an issue though,

Steering arms and drive shafts will be an issue.
no they won't, the engine, subframe, wishbones etc will still all be in the same place technically speaking so no problems with alignment on those,

as the body will rise by 3" or so, the steering link between the column and rack will need some work
Surely its a bit pointlsss only raising the body? Gear linkages, possibly wiring.. fuel pipes etc..
this is all what i need to find out about though, if it's going to be as much work as just getting a landy chassis and re-welding body mount points, fitting an xud and going bwarp then i might as well just do that.. Smile