306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: propane injection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
seams to be a big thing over at America on diesel engine just wondered if any body has tried it over hear and what gains u get properly now u will have to upgrade ur conrods for a start
hmm i wondered how long before i saw this again

have you thought about hydrogen enrichment (HHO or browns gas)
only started reading up on tonight after seeing a lad on facebook is going to run it on his xud
Nitrous is soooo much better...Wink
I did quite a bit of reading into this a while back, I think the concesus was that without more air to burn the lpg then it would be pointless anyway. And as getting loads of fuel into an xud is not really an issue its not really worthwhile.

Have a read

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3637.htm...fumigation
There was a fella diesel des from over here that successfully ran propane in his vw golf 1.9tdi.
Thats about as much info i have on it unfortunately. He is/ was a member on tdiforums so maybe check there?
(05-12-2013, 11:38 PM)londondan86 Wrote: [ -> ]I did quite a bit of reading into this a while back, I think the concesus was that without more air to burn the lpg then it would be pointless anyway. And as getting loads of fuel into an xud is not really an issue its not really worthwhile.

Have a read

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3637.htm...fumigation

gd read that cheers lad
Not same gains on idi as di due to compression ratio. I dont like the idea of fuel going into the cylinder via the inlet either.
you set it to only let propane in at certain boost price in the inlet wont constantly pumping propane in
(07-12-2013, 09:56 AM)con67 Wrote: [ -> ]Not same gains on idi as di due to compression ratio. I dont like the idea of fuel going into the cylinder via the inlet either.

Prime for blowing apart the inlet manifold if it goes wrong.

Or if shit gets too hot, pre-ignition.
lpg injection is just a different or additional fuel...which fyi burns hotter than diesel or petrol.

also consider that it needs extra air for the extra fuel as opposed to nitros which helps burn off excess fuel...ideal for a idi
Sounds dodgy. I get nos but we don't really need help with fueling.
(07-12-2013, 05:10 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds dodgy. I get nos but we don't really need help with fueling.

Oh really?

I thought people had been getting bored at around the 200-220 BHP, as opposed to there being major issues with fueling any further. Silly me.
diesels only burn about 75 percent of the fuel that is injected into the cylinders, and that propane acts as a combustion catalyst to burn the remaining 25 percent of the fuel
Do it, document it every step, get some Pre & Post RR print outs.

I'd happily read it.
(07-12-2013, 05:52 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]Do it, document it every step, get some Pre & Post RR print outs.

I'd happily read it.

would be intreasted to see might have a go if i have some spare cash next year
(07-12-2013, 05:49 PM)Teddy Wrote: [ -> ]diesels only burn about 75 percent of the fuel that is injected into the cylinders, and that propane acts as a combustion catalyst to burn the remaining 25 percent of the fuel

Really!? Propane is just another fuel...I can't see how it would burn off the remaining 25percent?

You sure you not thinking of NOS...as thats exactly, in simple terms, what it does with a diesel...

with these XUDs, we can always get the fuel in (hence the coaling pics) but to burn it off is another thing
(08-12-2013, 03:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2013, 05:49 PM)Teddy Wrote: [ -> ]diesels only burn about 75 percent of the fuel that is injected into the cylinders, and that propane acts as a combustion catalyst to burn the remaining 25 percent of the fuel

Really!? Propane is just another fuel...I can't see how it would burn off the remaining 25percent?

You sure you not thinking of NOS...as thats exactly, in simple terms, what it does with a diesel...

with these XUDs, we can always get the fuel in (hence the coaling pics) but to burn it off is another thing

well read that on web so might be full off s**t would be interesting to find out though the gains if there is any
hmmm.

lot of effort to 'just see'...when the huge gains with NOS or meth are proven and worthy