306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Govner / MOT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys, i've got the MOT in a week or so and the car was pumping a fair bit of smoke. However i've just fitted a fmic and most of the fuel seems to be burning now so im fairly happy with sending it in.

Only thing is ive had it gov modded and not confident trying to limit the govner or throttle arm. Any1 got any hints, what they did to get their xud through the MOT? Last thing i want is the engine running away.

cheers steve
screw down max fuel to the minimum, turn the idle up if it drops?
Or adjust the throttle stop, so he cant rev it fully
Connor Wrote:Or adjust the throttle stop, so he cant rev it fully

lol i can picture the MOT tester revving and it stopping under 3k and his face :arrow: :|
So? Modern cars wont rev past 2k if theyre not moving...
My car wouldn't rev past about 3500rpm for the MOT...

I stalled it 3 times pulling into the MOT centre... It had THAT little power it couldn't even pull itself up the slightest inclines.

The MOT tester even said "God that things gutless like that, you can turn it back up now..."
Connor Wrote:So? Modern cars wont rev past 2k if theyre not moving...

i thought when they go in for MOT' they ask for cambelt wear, and rev on redline?? then again, i've never been AT an MOT or a diesel mot for that note..
Well they cant redline it if its not moving lol

Like what car out of interest?
Neil Wrote:

Like what car out of interest?

I know the Nissan Primastar Van won't for a start, also means that the renault traffic won't and the Vauxhall Vivario since they are all effectively the same van.........
mark_airey Wrote:
Neil Wrote:Like what car out of interest?

I know the Nissan Primastar Van won't for a start, also means that the renault traffic won't and the Vauxhall Vivario since they are all effectively the same van.........

Ah fair enough. Never seen that before. I know my skoda goes to the red line when I'm sitting still! ninja
Neil Wrote:Ah fair enough. Never seen that before. I know my skoda goes to the red line when I'm sitting still! ninja

As said, I think a fair few of the newer engines are like that now!

Also lol @ "Neil"
I done what connor suggested limited it and turned the fuel down
Got 0.00 emissions :-) and only just got to 60 lol
Quite a few cars with fly by wire throttle will only rev to say 3k then drop back down to idle if you press the brake and the throttle at the same time whilst sat still
Midnightclub Wrote:Quite a few cars with fly by wire throttle will only rev to say 3k then drop back down to idle if you press the brake and the throttle at the same time whilst sat still

Will be trying this in the skoda in a bit Big Grin
cheers for the tips ill have a play with it before i take it down, then everythings getting turned up Smile.

I noticed yesterday that the hot/cold idle cable from the wax stat is disconnected but i dont seem to have any problems with the idle. A forum member tuned it and set it up when he fitted my bosch, so not sure exactly how tuned it is :/
just realized this topics in the wrong section. oops
Moving to correct section