306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 15psi in neutral?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all ,

This may be a bit of a noob question and me not thinking it through properly but is there any obvious reason why my car should make 15psi in neutral? revving up to around 4 grand it gets there.

Running a de-wastegated td04 , gov'd and ground lda bosch etc. you all know the details already no doubt. Just curious guys... Cheers
why wouldn't it?
I'm still learning so i dont know lol , im guessing they're not like petrols that make boost only under load?
You will see boost in neutral but peek boost will only appear under full load
ahh right i think i get it now haha
Does it actually hold the boost if you hold at 4k.... It's not normal if it sustains it but quick spikes of throttle will draw enough flow to build the boost momentarily.
(12-11-2013, 01:41 PM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Does it actually hold the boost if you hold at 4k.... It's not normal if it sustains it but quick spikes of throttle will draw enough flow to build the boost momentarily.

what he said^^^^ . . .Smile
(12-11-2013, 01:41 PM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Does it actually hold the boost if you hold at 4k.... It's not normal if it sustains it but quick spikes of throttle will draw enough flow to build the boost momentarily.

Ive not tried holding it , i dont really like doing it haha. and ahh okay