306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Flatting turbo adapter plates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To add to the recent plethora of adapter plate threads, I thought it would be the right time to ask this question. I have decided to go with gaskets for my setup and obviously the surfaces need to be 99% flat otherwise it will leak and I will have to pull the turbo again. So far I have used 400 grit to sand the surfaces but it seems to lack power. I was thinking of using 260 and then 400, is this really necessary?
I used a 9 inch grinder and grinding disc to flatten out a plate
Well I am doing this on a budget so I don't have a grinder but I am guessing nothing too abrasive?
Doesn't need it if I'm honest. At most get an angle grinder and skim it a few times them paste on some paste.
Done.
Your over doing it. Just put something straight against it and if it looks straight then exhaust paste it up and drash on.
Dont just rub sand paper over it by hand. You need something straight as a guide. I took my plates to get machined flat, cost me £15 I think but I KNEW they would be straight and wouldnt have to take it apart again later on