306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: No boost or whistle only vacuum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My car suddenly decided to stop boosting, only creates vacuum and nothing coming out of the outlet.
Thinking the turbos seized somehow.
Any ideas? Havnt had a chance to check the turbo yet.

[Image: null_zpscb61f519.jpg]

Job jobbed.
Err, that doesn't sound right... Tongue
It must be seized. Can't feel any air going in or out the turbo.
You need one of those electric superchargers I think.
(06-11-2013, 01:18 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]You need one of those electric superchargers I think.

And fuel magnets.
If your pulling a vacuum then somethings blocking the inlet, either sucked something up or yeah turbos seized.
I've been driving the car round as a NAD, f*cking slow haha.
I'm using this time to get the GT20 sorted, just need to sort the down pipe out but should be all ready apart from that.

Still getting no noise from the turbo haha must be seized solid after a little tweak at 28psi
If turbo has seized then you have an oil feed issue....

sure no objects have found there way down there?
It would make a f*cking racket if it was seized, you'd have heard it pop as well and the noise from the exhaust would be really weird.

Stick your hand in and check the blades move freely and check for play in the shaft.
I have no idea what happened, it suddenly went like when a boost pipe blows off but had zero whistle noises.
I need to take the stock in turbo inlet off but due to the position of the jubilee clip. But the GT20 is ready to go on so that may happen whilst it's off Wink
Could be something simple like the wastegate arm has fallen off or something, so all the exhaust is just by-passing the turbo blades.