306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: maxxed out idle screw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am wondering how else I can adjust the tickover...

After Jenkosowls adjusted my fuelling slightly , its now ticking over at about 1500, but the idle screw doesnt seem to be adjusting it in any way...

Danny did actually turn the fuel back down so it was ticking over okay and he has told me that it would need to be adjusted on the cable/throttle arm but since then I have turned it back up and its now making another 2psi which is goooooood!

any help with this would be great!

Thanks,

Lewis
throttle arm will need adjusting I expect, maybe slotting onto another spline to allow for lower idle.

is this a standard pump?

(standard turbo??
the idle screws/rocker are attached to a cable, try undoing the screw that secures the cable to the rocker and slackening it off, that may be keeping your idle up as the screws won't affect it if the cable is too tight . .Smile
Wax stat cable isn't on it Matt the lever I sat on the pump
Hey Lewis!

If you've adjusted the idle screw on the back so its completely out, and your idle is is increasing when you adjust max fuel screw - then all you can do is make an adjustment on the throttle arm.

Assuming you have wound out the stop screws - the ones that limit the travel of the throttle arm, both min and max travel.

You can take the arm off and move it back one spline, but you may then not be able to reach 100% throttle unless you make some mods to make sure it has full max movement - you may need to bend the arm, or grind some bits away.

I'd very careful though, sounds like it is very nearly maxed out, and it won't take much for you to turn it up and bit and get revs hanging and the pump running away on you.
I say talk nicely to Jenks sure he will help you out, best not to touch it if you dont no what your doing as could mess it all up.

Have you adjusted the idle screws on back of pump?? Or the screw that the arm rests on? Or both?

If your at the limit of both your gonna have to move throttle arm or get grinding bits off the throttle arm so it can sit further back.
i don't understand why people have this probs with a stage one, i have one of the more powerful stage one cars that i've seen and i'm not maxing out at all, have you got a ground pin in there?
lol matt, this made 196bhp at the rr Wink
Stop screws are adjusted and idle screw is all way out like you say probably wants arm knocking back
(14-10-2013, 10:26 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]lol matt, this made 196bhp at the rr Wink

haha fair enough, how do you make that much and not know how to get idle down? . . lol
The raised idle was due to me turning the max fuel up just a quick way to get more fuel in to burn as it burnt to cleanly was only a quick tinker while sat in the dyno. You can adjust the splines by undoing the 2 bolts on the throttle arm then twist and tighten much easier than taking the throttle arm off.
This forum is so much better for responses lol..

I am still a noob to all this really so that's why i dont know much haha, i bought the pump and turbo from birk (which was danny's old set up) and then danny fitted it for me and the settings had not been touched until saturday.

So the only way is by adjusting the splines on the throttle arm then ? I think this is probably better off with someone else doing it because I an too lazy and will no doubt f**k something up...

I think it probably is fair to say it is nearing its limits , I have just had a chat with my workmate though and may have something up my sleeve which could change it completely and save me going up to the 11mm Wink.
It's quite easytbh think you only made 165ish without nos? As seen on the day plenty of people ran near 180 with similar setups except they had front mount coolers. You could also run water meth before the nos
There is no need for 11mm Lewis I had that pump boosting 40psi coaling its arse off
Well I might have go at it if its easyish , be prepared for the ''I think I've broken something..'' post on here though. and yeah i think it was 168 without nos. Yeah I am actually hoping to go up to a fmic soon enough. and yes i was thinking about water meth but im not sure...

god knows how it didn't start running away when you had it on yours at 40 psi Danny... lmao
It was fine just drank diesel and back window was always black so turned it down lol
(14-10-2013, 11:54 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]It was fine just drank diesel and back window was always black so turned it down lol

hahaha! Nospeak
(14-10-2013, 11:42 AM)LewisG306 Wrote: [ -> ]Well I might have go at it if its easyish , be prepared for the ''I think I've broken something..'' post on here though. and yeah i think it was 168 without nos. Yeah I am actually hoping to go up to a fmic soon enough. and yes i was thinking about water meth but im not sure...

god knows how it didn't start running away when you had it on yours at 40 psi Danny... lmao

Ive got a pipe kit for sale Wink so you can intercool it Tongue
(14-10-2013, 12:22 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-10-2013, 11:42 AM)LewisG306 Wrote: [ -> ]Well I might have go at it if its easyish , be prepared for the ''I think I've broken something..'' post on here though. and yeah i think it was 168 without nos. Yeah I am actually hoping to go up to a fmic soon enough. and yes i was thinking about water meth but im not sure...

you don't happen to have a decent size cooler aswell do you Chris? Tongue
(14-10-2013, 12:31 PM)LewisG306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-10-2013, 12:22 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]

you don't happen to have a decent size cooler aswell do you Chris? Tongue

I have Will pm you tho (if I can)

Edit: will message u on fb as carnt do it on here you mot got enough posts
can anyone give an insight as to how the max fuel screw actually works on the bosch? is it like a plunger and spring that moves?
It alters the position of the leaverset inside the pump
(14-10-2013, 01:28 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]It alters the position of the leaverset inside the pump

just thought i'd say im overly jealous of your car coo'ing and how ridiculous it was when you took off on saturday!... -_-

and ahh okay, so does the screw itself push up against that then?
The 10mm bolt at the centre of the throttle arm needs undoing slightly and tapped down until it's loose, get a small screwdriver and turn it clockwise 1 notch and tighten it up. It will drop the idle but limit the max throttle.
To overcome this you will now need to undo the other 2 bolts on the arm and push the lever back so it will get more max travel.
Make sense?
(14-10-2013, 04:40 PM)strictly_perv Wrote: [ -> ]The 10mm bolt at the centre of the throttle arm needs undoing slightly and tapped down until it's loose, get a small screwdriver and turn it clockwise 1 notch and tighten it up. It will drop the idle but limit the max throttle.
To overcome this you will now need to undo the other 2 bolts on the arm and push the lever back so it will get more max travel.
Make sense?

If you do this mark off were it is now so if it goes tits up you can put it back to were it was Smile
(14-10-2013, 04:49 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-10-2013, 04:40 PM)strictly_perv Wrote: [ -> ]The 10mm bolt at the centre of the throttle arm needs undoing slightly and tapped down until it's loose, get a small screwdriver and turn it clockwise 1 notch and tighten it up. It will drop the idle but limit the max throttle.
Make sense?

If you do this mark off were it is now so if it goes tits up you can put it back to were it was Smile

Yeah don't forget that!!
Cheers lads, I'll have a look at the weekend when I've got some time and light hopefully Smile
[Image: attachment-FTHNXV.jpg]

The little 10 mm bolt and torx screw in this picture you can slacken these and and knock the throttle position with ease
Ahh I see , looks easy enough to do then , like I say I'll probs have a look this weekend or something , thanks all your help guys Tongue