306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Just got me an oil cooler...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my oil cooler arrived off SamBarker today, and am trying to think of a good place to mount it.
Now, I know most will say at the front but realistically it's not going to be balls out on boost all the time so is it best praps to place it behind the rad so it doesn't get too cold especially in these colder months.

Thoughts please?
put mine behind the cooler.
Just under the slam panel behind the grille enough airflow to Keep cool but not enough to keep cold. Isn't SAMs one got a thermistatic plate?
(06-10-2013, 12:23 AM)Jenkosowls Wrote: [ -> ]Just under the slam panel behind the grille enough airflow to Keep cool but not enough to keep cold. Isn't SAMs one got a thermistatic plate?

It's with out a thermostat I believe

Think you would be better getting a thermostat plate thing or a inline thermostat so then you can just mount it at the front and not have to worry about if it's cooling your oil to much.
We mounted ruans non thermostatic one behind the rad, and it seemed to work ok tbh..kept the oil down / never went below coolant temp...

As you said yourself, unless your going mad, it wont neeed much more cooling than stock anyway...