306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: EMP gauge and location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Starting to see need for EMP. Plus have a empty gauge slot

So EMP...quite new to idea of needing a gauge for it.

What sort of psi are we talking?? 60psi enough?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/52mm-Black-7-C...5d3a4c1a26

not much in way of gauges for tat sort of range of pressure

and where would be best to locate a take off in the exhaust mani for the gauge??

thanks for help as always Smile

or is it a case of retro fitting a 100psi oil pressure gauge somehow?! Huh
mine goes up to 120psi i think, i was told as a general rule, emp will be around double boost pressure. mine was a cheap gauge i found, im not looking at 60 psi of boost yet lolz

im just gunn put it in the cast mani for ease really
pre turbo I presume?

120psi. I cant find any boost/air pressure gauges that go that high...whats yours for?!
Yep pre turbo. I think mines a plumbing one or something generic, I literally found it at home lol. Search for just pressure gauge e
I wasnt sure if I used a oil pressure gauge, 120psi, then plumbed in a oil pressure sensor into the mani if that would work!? Huh
60psi should be ok, as said you don't really want to see more than a 2:1 ratio to inlet pressure while spooling

You can take off anywhere between exhaust ports and turbo, all same pressure - unlike egt's which drop
so if I get a 60psi gauge and see it go off the scale, then I know I have issues!!! lol

thanks ZX
Ive had silly silly emp's before which has sadly killed my vnt, and also this is a massive HG killer for people with VNT's. I can only guess at being over 100psi, it just lifted my head like a sandwich when my vnt vanes didnt open when they should (shitty control!)
(05-10-2013, 01:30 PM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Ive had silly silly emp's before which has sadly killed my vnt, and also this is a massive HG killer for people with VNT's. I can only guess at being over 100psi, it just lifted my head like a sandwich when my vnt vanes didnt open when they should (shitty control!)

I'm not liking the sound of that! Is that just because you have an epicly big VNT or is that standard for all of them!?
I just didnt set my controller properly... so when I was testing I just though 'oh theres not enough boost there for them to open' when in actual fact there was silly boost and silly emp which makes it seem like theres none of either but cooking the f*ck out of your turbo/head/intercooler/pre-cups/raping fuel.